This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tumbleweeds View Post
    As I understand it from the above quote that Stemcyte is providing the stem cells for ChinaSCINet. But what is the role of Neuralstem or Geron Corp in ChinaSCINet, if any? I see all three companies are mentioned from time to time but I'm not sure how Neuralstem or Geron are involved. Can someone please clarify?
    Thank you.

Did you say 'Geron'?...Ahhhhh the Memories.
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Geron is out of this business and Asterias has bought the stem cell line and intellectual property rights.

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
      Did you say 'Geron'?...Ahhhhh the Memories.

Comment

Originally posted by c473s View Post
        Geron is out of this business and Asterias has bought the stem cell line and intellectual property rights.
        I know, I was trying to be comical
        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Sorry, I missed your intent. :-) Ed Wirth is with Asterias.

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
          I know, I was trying to be comical

Comment

Originally posted by tumbleweeds View Post
            As I understand it from the above quote that Stemcyte is providing the stem cells for ChinaSCINet. But what is the role of Neuralstem or Geron Corp in ChinaSCINet, if any? I see all three companies are mentioned from time to time but I'm not sure how Neuralstem or Geron are involved. Can someone please clarify?
            Thank you.
            tumbleweeds,

We (ChinaSCINet) have had discussions with Neuralstem, Geron (when they were running the embryonic stem cells trials), Asterias, Stem Cells Inc. and other companies. In order to do the trials in China, they have to complete phase I trials in Europe or the U.S. first. China has a rule that first-in-human trials of therapies from outside China must first be shown to be safe in phase I trials before they can be done in China. If and when they are interested in carrying out trials in China or India, we would be happy to work with them.

Wise.

Comment

Dr. Young, where can I find the published papers from phase 1 trial?
              Any archives or website link?

Comment

http://www.chinascinet.org/index.php...129&Itemid=173

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                  Leif, how are you? I am sorry that I have been out of touch lately. I have been very busy and can report the following. First, Stemcyte has made a firm commitment to fund the phase III trial. They have retained a global CRO (clinical research organization) to help us apply for the clinical trials (IND) in all the countries. Second, we have started SCINetIndia. A fundraiser will be held probably in April or May. There is a group of families working to raise the money for the trial in India. Third, we have been working very hard on standardizing the rehabilitation (walking training) of the subjects. This, as you know, is the most difficult and worrisome aspect of the phase III clinical trials. Fourth, I have met with two companies that will be providing specialized functional electrical stimulation and sensory activation devices to facilitate recovery of voluntary motor function in the phase III trial. One company has agreed to supply the devices and the other company is interested and waiting for a formal proposal from us.

I need to find a opening in my schedule to come to Norway with the CRO to see you and our doctor friends in Norway to get the trial application in. In am hoping that I can do this sometime in March or April.

Wise.
                  Wise, I am okay, thanks for asking, likewise, I hope the same for you.

But it isn’t so cool, by some to say; that Norway is planning clinical trials on this.

I for one salute you on your SCI engagement. -As long it is sober and factual, and as a good doctor you really are.

And you are very welcome over here, anytime. And as a notice on that; do you believe you have/can say something at NoSCoS conference in September in Norway?

Cheers Leif

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                    But it isn?t so cool, by some to say; that Norway is planning clinical trials on this.
                    I've noticed that it is silent over here after Lief wrote this !
                    keep (rolling) Walking

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnie Walked View Post
                      I've noticed that it is silent over here after Lief wrote this !
                      I find that its too silent in general for a update sticky thread...
                      "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                      ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                        Wise, I am okay, thanks for asking, likewise, I hope the same for you.

But it isn?t so cool, by some to say; that Norway is planning clinical trials on this.

I for one salute you on your SCI engagement. -As long it is sober and factual, and as a good doctor you really are.

And you are very welcome over here, anytime. And as a notice on that; do you believe you have/can say something at NoSCoS conference in September in Norway?

Cheers Leif
                        I will try to come. Will write to you. Wise.

Comment

Dr. Young are you having trouble finding the facilities in other countries capable of facilitating the Kumming walking program?

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                            I will try to come. Will write to you. Wise.
                            10-4

Comment

Dr. Young could you give us an update on what's going on in your trial? Haven't had an update in a while, when will your work be published?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                                Dr. Young are you having trouble finding the facilities in other countries capable of facilitating the Kumming walking program?
                                There are not many facilities that do intensive overground walking of people with complete spinal cord injury. I am talking to most of them. Wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X