Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChinaSCINet Update

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I think it sad if you think better of media than reviewers. The reviewers are serious scientist and not greedy a-holes responsible for dumbing down of society like the media.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

    Comment


      Maybe if a nation like china or another world power published the findings America would wake up to the possibility of being upstaged. How can this process not be seen as broken? If the results are really positive how can the science community just ignore it? I mean how is this rational? Maybe the news media needs to be contacted. they seem to be the only real organization capable of getting things done or bring attention to problems...

      I think you should put this Question to wise?
      AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??


      http://justadollarplease.org

      Comment


        Originally posted by Jawaid View Post
        Wise are you thinking for using IPS cells in lumbosacral model?
        Jawaid, so far, we have not considered using iPS cells. When we have tried embryonic stem cells, they have produced tumors and great care must be taken to ensure that they have differentiated into a terminal cell type. w have been transplanted neural stem cells obtained from the subventricular zone of neonatal rats, Muse cells isolated from the bone marrow, and umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells in our lumbosacral spinal cord injury model. Wise.

        Comment


          Originally posted by beuty View Post
          what does this mean for the upcoming trials?
          We are continuing to prepare for the upcoming Phase III trials. A lot needs to be done, including ensuring qualified cell processing centers in China, India, Europe, and the USA, getting regulator approval for the trials, raising all the funds necessary for the trial, and of course making sure that we have a consensus among the doctors doing the trial. Wise.

          Comment


            Originally posted by skeaman View Post
            Maybe if a nation like china or another world power published the findings America would wake up to the possibility of being upstaged. How can this process not be seen as broken? If the results are really positive how can the science community just ignore it? I mean how is this rational? Maybe the news media needs to be contacted. they seem to be the only real organization capable of getting things done or bring attention to problems...

            I think you should put this Question to wise?
            skeaman, the goal is to get it published in the best and highest impact journals. Otherwise, it would detract from the study. We will do so. Wise.

            Comment


              Wise suppose if umbilical cord blood cells are effective in your lumbosacral model then is it possible you keep lumbosacral patients in your phase three trial?

              Comment


                Amazing. Some barely credentialled Doctor in India starts giving out magic potions based on nothing and the worlds media are beating a path to her door with cures being claimed left right and center, and the disabled spending their life savings on a con trick. And not even a very good one. Yet, the chance of a bona fide actual cure with evidence and no one wants to know. The SCi community is so fragmented, its terrible. No one even knows about these trials, I spoke to a top SCi surgeon here not so long ago and he was completely obvlivious to these trials. Whats going on?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ian View Post
                  Amazing. Some barely credentialled Doctor in India starts giving out magic potions based on nothing and the worlds media are beating a path to her door with cures being claimed left right and center, and the disabled spending their life savings on a con trick. And not even a very good one. Yet, the chance of a bona fide actual cure with evidence and no one wants to know. The SCi community is so fragmented, its terrible. No one even knows about these trials, I spoke to a top SCi surgeon here not so long ago and he was completely obvlivious to these trials. Whats going on?
                  Really tho
                  "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                  "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                  2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ian View Post
                    ... No one even knows about these trials, I spoke to a top SCi surgeon here not so long ago and he was completely obvlivious to these trials. Whats going on?
                    I too mentioned the China trial to my doctor. He too had never heard of it, which was not a surprise since he is a 65 year old Internist who works about 80 hours a week. However, he was excited to hear it was Wise Young leading the trial, because he too graduated from Rutgers and once met Dr. Young.

                    Regardless. I think most doctors only read published data and only in their field of interest. I think they only want to know about stuff they can use today, not treatments that may come along in 3 to 10 years. Actually, I suspect some doctors only read what they must and get most of their info from drug company representatives.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
                      I too mentioned the China trial to my doctor. He too had never heard of it, which was not a surprise since he is a 65 year old Internist who works about 80 hours a week. However, he was excited to hear it was Wise Young leading the trial, because he too graduated from Rutgers and once met Dr. Young.

                      Regardless. I think most doctors only read published data and only in their field of interest. I think they only want to know about stuff they can use today, not treatments that may come along in 3 to 10 years. Actually, I suspect some doctors only read what they must and get most of their info from drug company representatives.
                      I would expect from a top SCi doctor that the news of a possible cure would definitely be in his field of interest. I said this years ago and I will repeat it now, no cure will come before publicity. Years ago half joking I advised Wise to try and get a spot on Oprah Winfrey as this is the only way the general public are going to get on board, without publicity there will be no cure.; I stand by this, there is no media publicity, if you cant sell something its pointless how effective it is. What is needed now is mass media publicity, this should be top priority. its not. No one knows about it, its a failure as far as anyone expecting a cure in their own country. of course my comments will be treated as unnecassary pessimisim and detracting from the "cure". Remember, 30 years and we have methyl pred which most doctors wont use anyway. Heard from the Miami project lately? How many millions of dollars , how many years wasted. I am pessimistic about the China SCi net not because I think the results are invalid but because its going no where. Wise doesnt like publicity but that is the downfall, if it cant be sold then its useless.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ian View Post
                        I would expect from a top SCi doctor that the news of a possible cure would definitely be in his field of interest. I said this years ago and I will repeat it now, no cure will come before publicity. Years ago half joking I advised Wise to try and get a spot on Oprah Winfrey as this is the only way the general public are going to get on board, without publicity there will be no cure.; I stand by this, there is no media publicity, if you cant sell something its pointless how effective it is. What is needed now is mass media publicity, this should be top priority. its not. No one knows about it, its a failure as far as anyone expecting a cure in their own country. of course my comments will be treated as unnecassary pessimisim and detracting from the "cure". Remember, 30 years and we have methyl pred which most doctors wont use anyway. Heard from the Miami project lately? How many millions of dollars , how many years wasted. I am pessimistic about the China SCi net not because I think the results are invalid but because its going no where. Wise doesnt like publicity but that is the downfall, if it cant be sold then its useless.
                        Ian, please don't say this is a possible cure, it's not.

                        It is a phase II safety study in small number of patients which showed significant results. The story here is in the data, but that can't be released until the the paper is published. When published, the media campaign will launch. In the meantime, we are preparing for phase III trials in China, India, Norway, and the U.S.

                        Comment


                          What? Why is this posted in the Cure forum?

                          Comment


                            I think it is more accurate to say this therapy is returning function, rather than describing it as a cure. To me, cure means return to normal.

                            Comment


                              whats the latest word on the path to publication ?
                              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

                              "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


                              2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                Ian, please don't say this is a possible cure, it's not.

                                It is a phase II safety study in small number of patients which showed significant results. The story here is in the data, but that can't be released until the the paper is published. When published, the media campaign will launch. In the meantime, we are preparing for phase III trials in China, India, Norway, and the U.S.
                                If it?s not too much to ask, could you please elaborate on what the phase III preparations are?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X