This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I have saved some posts in the past, in case something gets lost permanently i'll be happy to help if i can.

Paolo
    Thanks, Paolo. None of the posts have been lost. Steven is working on programs to transfer the posts. Step by step. I think that the version 4 is much better than version 5. All the attachments and avatars are working. Registration is working. The site is much faster. Eventually, all the posts that were in version 5 will be transferred to the database.

Wise.

Comment

Dr. Wise, I can't help noticing how quiet this thread became regarding the updated status of ChinaSCINet... How is the publishing status? Any more improvement from the phase I/II patients? Any setbacks for the predicted upcoming phase III trial?
      "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
      ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
        We have to have all the documentation for the cell processing and the clinical trial safety data. I am writing the papers and putting together the documents. Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
          We will be submitting INDs to the FDA and the EMA (the regulatory agency for Europe) in December or January.
          Im really not trying to be a bother, but can you comment on this above statement? Such as an update to that, seeing as we are now into March. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
            Im really not trying to be a bother, but can you comment on this above statement? Such as an update to that, seeing as we are now into March. Thanks.
            yeah, exactly my point. Same statement was said in my post of october 2013... anything else new with the updates?
            Last edited by Moe; 2 Mar 2014, 7:24 PM.
            ― DaShanne Stokes

Comment

A.S. I am a bit behind with the news this being my first post and I'm sorry if my questions are inappropriate.

Dr. Wise Young, first of all I need to thank you for your great job, help and immense involvement in the SCI research. Keep doing what you're doing and I know that soon people like me with SCI will regain more of their lives thanks to you and people like you. I was delighted finding this forum and it's a pleasure having the possibility to communicate with you.

Is there any news about the phase 3 cord blood mononuclear cells +- lithium clinical trial, like when is it going to start? I hope it's gonna be successful and walking on earth it's going to be achieved which is far more important than walking on the moon.
              I am a C5-6 complete 1year quad and I would need an advice or opinion about the stem cells transplants that you can get in many specialized clinic in China. While awaiting for the right treatment to come up I've decided to try and go to China to have a stem cell treatment, hopping for a bit of improvement, and of course knowing that many can be dangerous or just a big scam. It's really hard to find a good trustworthy clinic. After looking through many web sites I found a centre in Beijing called The Armed Police General Hospital which for me seems to be ok. They say it went through WHO clinical trial registration, obtained the FDA clinical trial approval and had laboratory with GMP certification of stem cell research and preparation. They deliver the cells via CT guided intraspinal injection which method they invented. I am not sure if the so called treatment is a real approved treatment or is a trial for which they got all the needed approval and registration, for which they ask a big sum of money.
              Can I get your opinion about this or where else and how should I look for a reliable possible stem cell treatment? Thank you very much in advance.
              Last edited by Silvio GS; 2 Mar 2014, 8:52 PM.

Comment

My son went to China for stem cells twice. The treatments did not work. Save your money till a real treatment works.

Comment

<deleted by author>
                  Last edited by khmorgan; 4 Mar 2014, 9:20 AM. Reason: Didn't add to discussion.

Comment

Sad story .... and sadly not the only one I guess

Comment

Silvio, please see my answer to your question in http:///forum/showthread.php?229975-...=1#post1725376

Wise.
                      Last edited by Wise Young; 3 Mar 2014, 3:49 PM.

Comment

Dear dr Young,
                        could you tell me plese quality life improvements in wheelchair people joined in Chinascinet trial ( I mean bladder, bowel, blood pressure and circulation, musche regained)?. Are those correlated to the retunr at some kind of walking in patients treated?.
                        Thanks. Best wishes.

Comment

Dr. Young;
                          Now that we're in the 2nd quarter of 2014, I was wondering if you can fill us in with the current status, besides the funding and the FDA application in process toward the phase 3 trail, hows the timeline for the journal publication? or is it only being published once p3 commences? How is the application going anyways? Thanks.

Moe.
                          ― DaShanne Stokes

Comment

I always think positive and feel opportunistic when I read this thread, that one day a cure will come!
                            -c6 incomplete sci

Comment

It has now been approximately two years (May 2012 or so) since it was first mentioned, in this thread and in the open houses, that patients were "walking." I don't want to say anything regarding the validity of these claims or the intent in releasing them... they very well might be true and I don't think there was anything particularly sinister behind it. But at the very least I think it was really bad, from a PR perspective, to say these types of things and then go two years without any followup evidence. Just an opinion...

Comment

Good point.

It would be great if even a couple of short taster videos could be released. Not only would it give us all a bit more hope, it would also be great publicity for chinascinet.

Originally posted by ay2012 View Post
                                It has now been approximately two years (May 2012 or so) since it was first mentioned, in this thread and in the open houses, that patients were "walking." I don't want to say anything regarding the validity of these claims or the intent in releasing them... they very well might be true and I don't think there was anything particularly sinister behind it. But at the very least I think it was really bad, from a PR perspective, to say these types of things and then go two years without any followup evidence. Just an opinion...

Comment

Working...
                                X