This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Wise,

How's the clinical trial network coming along?

Comment

crabbyshark, we just finished a week long workshop training people from China to do cell processing for the clinical trial in China. I am trying to get all the paper done. Wise.

Comment

I am sorry but the database transfer missed several months of posts in these sticky topics. Steven Edwards tells me that the posts are not lost and he is working on getting these posts to show. Wise.

Comment

Hey Wise, I have a few questions for you. First how approval going with the FDA, everything on schedule still looking to begin trial in Q3 this year, also I remember you mentioning you were looking for methods to train functional hand movements along with walking program, have you found something that will provide the proper stimulation to support recovery?

Comment

I'm with James and very interested in the methods for training functional hand movements. Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas. Thanks Dr. Young.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
              Hey Wise, I have a few questions for you. First how approval going with the FDA, everything on schedule still looking to begin trial in Q3 this year, also I remember you mentioning you were looking for methods to train functional hand movements along with walking program, have you found something that will provide the proper stimulation to support recovery?
              We are still preparing the IND. I am writing the manuscripts and working on getting the IND going in China (transferring cell processing technology to China). We just completed a workshop, training people from three centers in China to do the cell processing. We have also developed a new processing protocol which allows mononuclear cells to be isolated from both plasma-depleted and red-cell-depleted cord blood units. Regarding hand exercise, I have been evaluating hand function scores and talking to a company called Bioness, to include a hand stimulator as part of the exercise routine for people who have cervical spinal cord injury in our trials. Wise.

Comment

Is it just taking longer than you thought or are you running into roadblocks in the US regarding the approval with the FDA? Are you seeing any change in hand function in those you evaluated?

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                  I am sorry but the database transfer missed several months of posts in these sticky topics. Steven Edwards tells me that the posts are not lost and he is working on getting these posts to show. Wise.
                  I have saved some posts in the past, in case something gets lost permanently i'll be happy to help if i can.

Paolo
                  In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                    We are still preparing the IND. I am writing the manuscripts and working on getting the IND going in China (transferring cell processing technology to China). We just completed a workshop, training people from three centers in China to do the cell processing. We have also developed a new processing protocol which allows mononuclear cells to be isolated from both plasma-depleted and red-cell-depleted cord blood units. Regarding hand exercise, I have been evaluating hand function scores and talking to a company called Bioness, to include a hand stimulator as part of the exercise routine for people who have cervical spinal cord injury in our trials. Wise.
                    When do you plan to have the IND ready?
                    Is there any Principal Investigator (PI) helping you getting things ready?

Paolo
                    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Another 6 months & the data will be out

Comment

Bioness interesting. I have used that at my clinic defiantly the best option, Tryomotion also has some interesting equipment for the hands. So the phase III trial will have a different potentially more beneficial method of processing the cell then the previous phase II trial? My apologies if you've already answered this but has anything formal been submitted to the US, FDA?

Comment

We're did you get that timeline?

Comment

We're did you get that timeline?
                            Originally posted by allenstevens View Post
                            Another 6 months & the data will be out
                            Were did you get that timeline?

Comment

Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
                              Is it just taking longer than you thought or are you running into roadblocks in the US regarding the approval with the FDA? Are you seeing any change in hand function in those you evaluated?
                              No, there have been no roadblocks, just a lot of work. Wise.

Comment

Bioness interesting. I have used that at my clinic defiantly the best option, Tryomotion also has some interesting equipment for the hands. So the phase III trial will have a different potentially more beneficial method of processing the cell then the previous phase II trial? My apologies if you've already answered this but has anything formal been submitted to the US, FDA?
                                We have to have all the documentation for the cell processing and the clinical trial safety data. I am writing the papers and putting together the documents. Wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X