Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Wise will phase II UCBMC for lumbosacral sci be available to people in USA? Is it only for complete injuries?

Comment

[IMG]/vb5/core/images/default/default_avatar_thumb.png[/IMG] tompocket replied

Yesterday, 03:34 AM

Dr Wise. Do you know if any of the patients who have received the umbilical cord blood and lithium treatment spasticity change since undergoing the treatment?

Yes, some of the subjects had reduction in spasticity after the umbilical cord blood mononuclear cell transplants (there were two few that received lithium to be able to say for sure). However, it is impossible to know whether this was due to the walking or the cells or both. Wise.

Comment

[IMG]/vb5/core/images/default/default_avatar_thumb.png[/IMG] wesmaister replied

Yesterday, 12:16 PM

Dr Wise will phase II UCBMC for lumbosacral sci be available to people in USA? Is it only for complete injuries?

We have not decided whether or not to do this trial and therefore don't know. Wise.

Comment

Wise will u take foreign patients in lumbosacral trial? Will cethrin and PTEN silencer be available to u in 2015 when u start trial?

Comment

I don't know yet about the lumbosacral trial. I hope that both the PTEN silencer and cethrin will be ready for trial in 2015. Wise.

Comment

Dear Dr Young,
              do you think Lokomat could be helpful for rehabilitation?
              Thanks. Best wishes.

http://web.ethlife.ethz.ch/e/article...ife/armin.html

Comment

Dear Dr Young,
                do you think Lokomat could be helpful for rehabilitation?
                Thanks. Best wishes.

http://web.ethlife.ethz.ch/e/article...ife/armin.html

Comment

Is that December or January estimate for US IND application submission to FDA still looking possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx
                    Is that December or January estimate for US IND application submission to FDA still looking possible?
                    yeah?
                    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

We are not using Lokomat because it cannot be used for extended periods, such as 6 hours a day. Wise.

Comment

We are working on getting the papers published and preparing the IND. I don't think that we will be able to get the IND application this December. We will try to get it in as soon as possible. Wise.

Comment

Do you expect the phase 3 trial start within the first half of 2014?

Comment

No, I do not expect the phase III trial to start within the first half of 2014. It will likely be Q3. Wise.

Comment

I just came from China. The establishment of validated cell processing laboratories in China is a necessary step for approval of CN103, the phase III clinical trial. Three centers have agreed to do the cell processing and to train to do so at Stemcyte, Vista Biologics, and Rutgers in January 18-25, 2014. This was postponed from November 2013 due to difficulties and delays in getting U.S. visas for everybody. Since Chinese New Year will be January 31, this means that none of the laboratories will be able to do anything until after the Chinese New Year. They will have to set up their laboratories, get all their personnel together, and ultimately practice doing processing the units from March to April. In May or June, they will participate in formal validation studies. If they pass, we will submit the data to the Chinese FDA along with the IND (application) for the trial.

Comment

Wow, it's quite the process huh Dr. Young? Well, keep up the slow steady march, sounds like wheels are in motion.

Comment

Working...
                                X