Rats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats!

Okay, it's happened. I've officially become one of those bitter people that has had it up to here with accounts of the latest success in curing SCI rats so that they can run and climb. It's not that I don't value rat research or think that it isn't necessary. But just don't tell me about it and expect any form of happy dance.

Just show me one fucking trial that allowed a human to crawl again!
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Give it five years and you'll be eating those words Foolish.

Comment

5 years?
      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru View Post
        Give it five years and you'll be eating those words Foolish.
        More likely I'll be eating those rats.
        Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

"Maybe in 15 or 20 years something might be coming down the pike." That's what my rehab doctor told me last year. Yet within the next year, we will have possibly 3 studies going to clinical trial in this country. Please don't give up.

Comment

Originally posted by lepups3 View Post
            "Maybe in 15 or 20 years something might be coming down the pike." That's what my rehab doctor told me last year. Yet within the next year, we will have possibly 3 studies going to clinical trial in this country. Please don't give up.
            I'll never give up - I wouldn't know where to go to surrender. I'm just tired of the same old same old. Save the Wall street and fundraising hype for somebody who wants to hear it. Me, I'm about done with listening to how well the rats are doing.

Show me one Real, Reliable HUMAN result that shows the slightest progress, and I will be re-enthused.
            Foolish

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
              Okay, it's happened. I've officially become one of those bitter people that has had it up to here with accounts of the latest success in curing SCI rats so that they can run and climb. It's not that I don't value rat research or think that it isn't necessary. But just don't tell me about it and expect any form of happy dance.

Just show me one fucking trial that allowed a human to crawl again!
              There's this quote i remember from some Will Smith interview, he was talking about his dad's advise "If you don't vote, then you have to shut up".

With all due respect I think this applies here, use that bitter to help this situation or shut up. (if this sounds rude it's not my intention)
              Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Originally posted by 0xSquidy View Post
                There's this quote i remember from some Will Smith interview, he was talking about his dad's advise "If you don't vote, then you have to shut up".

With all due respect I think this applies here, use that bitter to help this situation or shut up. (if this sounds rude it's not my intention)
                With all due respect - you don't know what you don't know as regards my contribution. And I doubt that there is anyone at this site or any other place on Earth that can convince me to "shut up" or compel me to do so.

So, again with all due respect, fuck off.

And yes, it not only sounds rude - it is rude.
                Foolish

Comment

While you can keep up with strides being made toward SCI cure....at the same time you have to live the life you have. You only have what you have now, and you just never know how long you will have that. Tomorrow, you could be dead from something not even remotely related to your SCI....we are not pre-disastered. For all of you who are too young to understand pre-disastered...rent the movie...The World According to Garp.

The best,
                  GJ

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                    5 years?
                    Yes, five years, it's the stock answer, when I was injured 30 years ago the cure was 5 years away and it's been 5 years away every time I've asked since.

Comment

Yes, five years, it's the stock answer, when I was injured 30 years ago the cure was 5 years away and it's been 5 years away every time I've asked since.

Rinse and Repeat..
                      Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

Well shit! That's my problem. I thought the Dr. said the cure was five BEERS away! I was doing fine until I lost count.

FO, I agree, I'm tired of all the rat talk too. I'm sure the rat's happy, but I could give a rat's ass if they walk again. Either show me the money or STFU.
                        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hell, they don't want a cure. They would lose to much money. And if they did, we would have to sell everything we own to pay forr it.

Comment

You guys are right; my neuro acted like stem cell therapy was a brand new convoluted thing. When he saw my dejection, he said, read about it and it is "5 years away". In the meantime, we can complain all we want, but the rats will continue to be cured and dogs and cats are next. Wise couldn't even get 20 people to satisfy his trials. We're fucked and don't know it. At lest that's my position. I'll believe it till I die that the cure is only a time away.

Comment

www.amandaboxtel.wordpress.com.
                              why is it that this woman recovery is not big news? am i missing something about this facility or treatment that gets no notice?
                              life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X