meeting with Carl C. Kao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott

We met and saw Scott while we were there. His parents and him are nice people! Scott made it through the operation just fine. He was having the awful headaches that I talked about and was also sick to his stomach. He is still there and having the hyperbaric chambers (2 1/1hrs. per day). It is my understanding that he is still having the headaches. Some have them, and others don't. The 3 Americans who are there are Jake, Scott, and Jay (spider bite). There are also 3 Ecuadorians there as well.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by birdeJ:

I don't have too much pain, and the numbness I used to have is gone completly.

----------------------------------------------
      BirdeJ,

When you say numbness, is it kindda similar to burning pain? If not, did you have any burning pain before? If so, did the surgery eliminated that pain also?

Comment

the numbness I had was in my butt and in my hands and lower arms. Dr. Kao said that the numbness in my hands and lower arms was most likely (or could have been from) the compression on my spinal cord, I am not sure if that's why my butt felt numb all the time too. I had burning pain in my lower back around the injury level (T10). The burning seems to be gone, however since the operation I have what seems to be a hypersensitive area on my back on the left side about the shoulder blade area....not by the scar or insision area...farther over. My back is soar around the T10 area too, but does not burn...Dr. Kao did chissel away a considerable amount of bone in that area though. He said that "soarness" will subside/go away in time.

Comment

BirdeJ,
          It sounds as if you were incomplete before the surgery, would have rated yourself an ASIA B or C?

Thanks.

Comment

ASIA SCALE

That's a good question Seneca, I guess I never asked Dr. Kao what ASIA scale he would classify me under. The two surgeons that did my previous operations in the U.S. (Milwaukee and Madison) as well as my general doctor all said I was ASIA A. I was/am fairly new to this entire SCI thing and took there word for it. I'll get back to you on what Dr. Kao says. I guess by definition I would guess ASIA C, although the only real movemont below my injury was the toes and that was slight.

Comment

4-AP

Dr. Kao gave us a contact name in Georgia for 4-AP, and we called and according to that gentlman, he is unable to supply the 4-AP to us unless we drive to Georgia and get it. Any other ideas or names on were to find it? I contacted Acorda ther. as well as college pharm. I spoke to the gentleman at college pharm. before we left, but I can't find his ph. number or remember his name. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comment

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR THERAPY AND FUTURE RETURN BIRDEJ

College Pharmacy 3505 Austin Bluffs Pkwy.
                Suite 101
                Colorado Springs, CO 80918
                fax:210-614-3362
                1-800-888-9358 ext 116
                Ask for Pete Huseman

LIVE IT UP AND LIVE IT LARGE!!!!
                LIVE IT UP AND LIVE IT LARGE!!!!http://spamhate.com/beerchug.gifhttp://spamhate.com/affection.gifhttp://spamhate.com/bondage.sml.gifhttp://spamhate.com/sperm.sml.gifhttp://www.spamhate.com/wav.gifhttp://spamhate.com/banghead.gif

Comment

Jake is home

Jake and his mom finally got home yesterday evening. It took a call to the US embassy in Equador for them to be able to get on the plane. Jake is resting comfortably now. He is still rather weak from the long trip and 2 surgeries. While in Equador he had the first of two tendon transfers and his hands and forarms will be wrapped for 2 more weeks. He hopes to be able to get back to school in 1 week.

Sincerely:

JJG
                  Jake's Pop

Comment

Jake's physical situation before Ecuador...

hi jgiambro

What movement did Jake had before surgery?
                    arms, fingers,...

Thanks for your answer

Steve
                    [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Jake

None below C5 (sensation or function) He was complete!
                      Jake's Pop

Comment

Damn you all

Why won't you let me(us,them,ya'll,I, me, he, she, it, they, if, but, so) have us privacy.There's nothing wrong with spending weeks at a time pretending to be a cripple of the opposite sex. Ever since word got out that I got this groundbreaking (nevermind the fact thousands of others have had the same operation)surgery, people have been surrounding my hidden lair located deep within the hills of Georgia with the intention of gawking at me, my hideous looking wife, and my short bus riding kids. The pictures that that privacy invading jgiambro guy took are plastered all over the internet. All the major TV networks have cut back on covering that thousands of people dying thing in order to carry my inspirational story. In fact, we can't even go to the secluded creek where I wash our clothes (with lye soap, of course), gather the berries, and catch the fish us thrive on without being mobbed by the local gimps all wanting to know how they too can get this miraculous surgery that lets you move not just one, but two toes. All I ever wanted was to live out the rest of our years as a sun fearing, people avoiding, shack dwelling, inbreeding hermit with multiple personalities. Is that too much to ask?

[This message was edited by birdew on September 18, 2001 at 10:48 AM.]

Comment

Teamwork

Because we are a team. We are in this together, everyone on this forum. We are a team battling our way OUT of these wheelchairs. Let's be straight with each other. Together we stand.

Eric Texley
                          Eric Texley

Comment

Mental terrorists

Birde (J & R), Jake and everyone else willing to got to such lengths to find a cure or some improvement in their situations are to be commended and should have our full support whether we would choose to do have the same procedures ourselves or for our loved ones. I know we should ignore the posts of the Birdew's and Ron's of this world, but I simply don't understand why anyone would go out of their way to try to insult, hurt, or demoralize another person at all, and especially one that is hurting. In my mind, these imbeciles are their own brand of terrorists. They are terrorists of the mind and the soul and should be eradicated from this forum in the same fashion as any other terrorist should be eradicated.
                            Good luck to all of you.

martha

Comment

Team work

That is what this form is all about. Ever since I have posted here, I have gotten dozen of emails from all over the world from individuals needing advice and support. These individuals have contacted me through my son's web site (www.jake15.com). We are hoping to use his site and this forum to provide hope and resources to hundreds of thousand of crippled people all over the world. I know that it is working from the positive feedback that I have received over the past 8 months. A few derogatory comments will not sway our resolve.

Best Regards:

JJG
                              Jake's Pop

Comment

thankyou Eric, Martha, and jgiambro, and the rest of you that have privatly sent emails supporting me and my family. I am not concerned what others post in regards to hateful and angry comments...I was upset about their posts regarding Dr. Kao and his credibility. B.T.W. jgiambro did not post any pictures of anyone, you AGAIN have the wrong individual.

Comment

Working...
                                X