meeting with Carl C. Kao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole thing with the terrorism is a nighmare come true

I was Just saying to my Lawyer in talking to him friday that I could smell something like this in the air with all the problems going on in the middle east that it would only be a matter of time before it came to this country.

This event I believe will change how we have grown accustom to taking our freedom for granted in this country. It is real scary stuff. A lot of lives were lost today. No telling how long it will take for things to get back on schedule again with all kinds of schedules including Air travel, I wish Jake and the others a safe trip soon back to this country. I am sick over this whole thing. Lets pray that not as many lives were lost today as it looks like at this point.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Equador

Birdie:

Thanks for keeping everyone abreast of things there. I suspect it will be safer that they all stay there until things calm down. The patients can spend some more time in the chamber and trying to stand. I on-the-other hand am scheduled to go Cairo through New York on saturday. I may cancel that meeting until Jake is home and flying is safer. Please pray for the families, who have lost love ones in this latest terrorist attach.

Sincerely:

JJG [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]
      Jake's Pop

Comment

You perpetrated a deception, birde, jim, and robin. You went far beyond what was needed to "hide" your identity. You used one username to cover the thoughts, emotions, feelings of two people, male and female. No matter what everybody else feels, what you did was pure bullshit, plain and simple. All you had to do was be truthful about your gender(s), at least. There are a myriad of ways to hide your identity without using and taking advantage of other people's kindess, advice, and sympathy.

You should be ashamed of yourselves, many people, including myself, gave you their heartfelt emotions in order to help a woman with an sci, just to find out it was all bullshit. Shame on you, all three of ya. In your own immortal words, "People are selfish and nonchalant when it comes to other individuals....that I (we) supose is just plain human nature. I (we) are not, nor did I (we) ever, trying to "pull the wool" over anyones eyes." You did exactly that.

This whole "protect your privacy" story that you post could very well be just that, a story made up to cover your deceitful, shameful actions, something you took 3 or 4 days to think up. Then again, I might not be me, right? So, forgive whoever is posting this if I touch a nerve.
        [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

When you elicit advice and sympathy from another person under a guise such as you used, and when you are so public about your sci surgery that you broadcast it making many people consider the same, then you are somewhat accountable, and there has to be some semblance of truth to your identity, at least your gender and actual injury level, etc., for the very reasons SueP mentioned.

I don't care what everybody else thinks, they can think what they want, and from what has been posted they buy your story hook, line and sinker. Good for them, I'm not so gullible, and when I give a "girl" advice on her injury that she accepts, I like to think I'm actually talking to a girl with an sci. Not the fraud that was you, robin and jim. Period.

Good luck with your recovery, I truly wish that one of you gets better because having an sci is a true horror that nobody can know except those who live it every day and night, in reality and not through the vicarious postings of another. Of course, we have no idea if there even is a jim, a robin, or a birde, for that matter.

It could very well be ron who is posting, or some other wingnut. And that is certainly a possibility, only made allowable if everybody denies their own identity because they like to play games on the internet. Let me reiterate, there are many, many ways to hide your identity other than what you did, what you did turned into a game. You had plenty of chances to be truthful, either via email to those you spoke to, or on spw itself, without losing your anonymity.

There comes a time when one bears their souls and wears their emotions of their sleeves that there has to be some accountability, and truth. You can use the privacy excuse as much as you want, but the depth that members of this board go through to help each other, the way they suffer every day and report that suffering on here, the many indignities they put up with each and every day which they share with others suffering the same way....., well, they expect and deserve the truth to the extent that it can be given, which entails being truthful about your gender and injury level, and not have them divided up between two entities.

Again, I might not be me posting this, ok?? I just don't wany any other spinal cord injured people in my small town to know I have an sci. I haven't been outside in 15 goddamn years. I might not even be the same rdf from spw, or cando, right? Right???
        [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] \/ [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

"the reason that a female was injured was in fact my husbands (not boyfriends) post or idea to try and keep the local SCI individuals in our community from catching on to who he (we) were/are ...."

And you say you won't apologize for that? Shame on you.

Good luck with your recovery nonetheless. If you are actually an injured person, then try to stay healthy and don't overdo it, and make sure you rehab rehab rehab, because that is the secret to teaching your body how to do it all again.
        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

RDF:
          You are causing me to think, I need to "mull" this over.

PN
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
          ––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

http://runningbear.com/main/Ed/text/...-patients.html If you follow Ed Paiges webpage you can see and check the stories and pictures they have and you will find not only myself(Jim) but also a picture of myself and Robin as well as many of the other patients that had this operation this time around...we are not make believe, and I really am spinal cord injured and those posts really were my feelings, not Robins....MINE! We never insulted people or hurt people on this forum, in fact we took as much verbal abuse and or tongue lashings as anyone! Now, I am suposed to ask you for forgivness because I am a man with sci and not a woman with sci......FINE!! I am so sorry that I am not a woman that I led you to believe that I was. HAPPY? I didn't think so, what the hell is the big deal? The big deal for me is that you all know who I am and I have not a clue who you are! I have a spinal cord injury as many of you do...and because of a misunderstanding and an error of judgement on my part, you all think and say that I am an insult to the sci community...FINE! Do I demand the truths from you before posting and supporting any of you? Do I post that you are all self absorbed and shallow minded? Do I insult you on a public forum? No.

[This message was edited by birdeJ on September 12, 2001 at 10:43 AM.]

Comment

Photos

Dear Birdie (J+R):

Thanks for the great photos. They brought back fond memories. I had not seen the pictures of Jake. Jake and the rest of his group will be home this friday the 14th, God Willing! They are all doing well and in good spirits.

Sincerely:

JJG
              Jake's Pop

Comment

thanks jim for the photos,how are you feeling?so you have already got feeling back that you didnt have?thats incrediable.....is t-7 below a t-8 or above,i keep hearing different,just curious

Comment

Phone # for the clinic in Ecuador

Can anyone tell me the phone # for the hospital in Ecuador where Dr. Kao performs his surgeries ?
                  Thank You.

Comment

Overtheline3 (Jeff)

This should help out http://www.spinalinjury.net/html/_spinal_cord_101.html
                    "Life is about how you
                    respond to not only the
                    challenges you're dealt but
                    the challenges you seek...If
                    you have no goals, no
                    mountains to climb, your
                    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Clinica La Primavera phone # in Cumbaya, Ecuador

The phone number is:011-593-2-893040 and the fax is:011-593-2-891267.

Comment

I have a problem with people like Joe Breslin or "no author" who wrote that he raises $750,000 a year for spinal cord research and employs people in wheelchairs who use headsets to do their job. He also spent time telling us about how he saw individuals in wheelchairs with greasy hair who smoke, drink and spend time in "titty bars." These individuals remain anonymous and sucker some of us into their mindless topics which distract us from discussing more substantive issues. I think if they had the "kahonas"
                        to put down their first and last names, I would have a little more respect for them.

It is a privilege to post on this forum and Dr. Young at any time can make a unilateral decision to kick anyone off for inappropriate conduct. There may come a day when we may have to add our first and last name, including city and state, along with an e-mail address to our profile. By the way, rdf, if you reverse the initials on your screen name you come up with FDR! "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!"
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                        ––Paul Nussbaum
                        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

today I'm to start with my standing frame again. Since I have been home, I have been on restriction with physical activities. I have not been allowed to transfer on my own. I have been bored silly, but don't want to risk the chance of busting any stitches. The stitches on my back, legs and stomach as well as the ones inside of me are all the type that disolve. The outside ones look great, in fact the ones on my stomach and legs are hardly noticable. I am to try standing in the frame for 1 hour total today (1/2 hour in morning and same at night or afternoon) and try to work up to 2 hours a day. I did it before I left and that should not be a problem. I don't have too much pain, and the numbness I used to have is gone completly. I am able to move the toes on both feet, but it takes a great deal of concentration. I can move the left leg and apply pressure with it, again much concentration is required. My ab muscles are coming back as are the thigh muscles. I can feel what would seem like a dull ache when I need to have a bowel program...and can push it out . I have not had any real side affects, some who had the surgery, while I was there had awful headaches following the operation, some were very sick to there stomach, some slept all the time. Hiccups came to everyone, even those who could not or did not hiccup before the operation. We were told that the hiccups came from the hyperbaric chamber, and that's when we would get them, after being in it.

Comment

Originally posted by birdeJ:

I am able to move the toes on both feet, but it takes a great deal of concentration. I can move the left leg and apply pressure with it, again much concentration is required.
                            Were you able to move your toes and leg BEFORE operation?

Comment

as far as my toes before the operation: I could move the big toe on left foot slightly, and once or twice moved the other big toe on the right foot, but now I can do it more so with all the toes on both feet. The legs before the operation were dead for the most part, limp noodles! The right leg does not move on comand, however when I am in the weight machine that was built by a gentleman out of Greenbay, WI (who also had this operation) and I am able to flex the thigh muscles. You are able to see that and feel that. The left leg does move on comand...when I either lay on my back or sit in a chair and have my knee bent in the air (which my wife or therapist must do) I can push with the leg and you are able to feel the leg "push". Two others that were there could also do this. One who had a spider bite when he was younger and he did have some feeling in his legs before the operation, but no movement that I am aware of, and another who was injured from a gunshot...Greg Perry who left almost as soon as I first got there. So I'm afraid that I don't have a great deal of info on him. I do know he has not had to cath in 2 years, but he credits that to a strict diet and a herbologist that prescribes special herbs for his bladder program. When he did the weight amchine exercises at the clinic in Ecuador I watched and his leg or thigh muscles were not flexing or responding like mine seemed to be. He was injured 5 years ago, the spider bite gentleman was about 12 years ago and I was 1 year ago. I could not push my BM on my own, I had to use a supos. and help it along, that took about 45 minutes to an hr. and I did that once a wk. Now I have to do it every other day cause otherwise I will fill my pants and have a dull stomach ache, and no suppos. is really needed, it just happens, and if I push you can feel my ab muscles get tighter and it just all comes out...time is about 10-15 minutes.

Comment

BirdeJ, hopefully you recover even more when the possible regeneration kicks in.

It will be interesting to see if Scott (C5/6 quad, 12 year post) experience any improvement. He had surgery two weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X