Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Adult Stem Cell Human Trial For Spinal Cord Injury Underway

Last Updated on Thursday, 13 May 2010 04:55 Written by Josh White Wednesday, 12 May 2010 01:52

RNL Bio located in Korea has already launched commercial stem cell therapy for pets like dogs and cats with spinal cord injury since 2008. Now they have announced they are beginning trials of the same treatment on humans. On April 30th the Korean FDA approved its human clinical study to treat patients with spinal cord injury using their product ‘RNL-Astrostem’ that is based on fat derived adult stem cells.

read...

http://www.upgradeyourbody.com/artic...-underway.html

Interesting. I wish there was more to read of this.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
      Interesting. I wish there was more to read of this.
      They won't come alone without our help...
      Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

How did cats and dog turn out?

Comment

Very interesting. It would be nice to know what their outcome measures are as well as they types of injuries they will be trialling the cells on.

Comment

I have a Korean friend who will be traveling back to Korea next week to visit family. I will ask her if she can maybe visit the facility and give me some more info on it..

Comment

Acutes?... Chronics?... Anyone know?
              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Oh man, I'm on the edge of my seat...

Comment

I'm trying to imagine how an intravenous injection is going to effectively and substantially cross through the blood/brain barrier, travel to, and then enter precisely into the lesion site, permeate the scar tissue, bridge the injury site, and significantly regenerate the myelin sheath and sustain axon regeneration over time.

Not saying it can't be done, but this seems like a lot to expect from an intravenous injection.

Comment

Its sounds too easy and simple. Like "2008 - cats and dogs" and now "2010 - human!"

Comment

zepac: ya. Now humans... How exactly is that bad?

But my question still is... Is this for acutes or chronics?
                      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by manouli View Post

Last Updated on Thursday, 13 May 2010 04:55 Written by Josh White Wednesday, 12 May 2010 01:52

RNL Bio located in Korea has already launched commercial stem cell therapy for pets like dogs and cats with spinal cord injury since 2008. Now they have announced they are beginning trials of the same treatment on humans. On April 30th the Korean FDA approved its human clinical study to treat patients with spinal cord injury using their product ‘RNL-Astrostem’ that is based on fat derived adult stem cells.

read...

http://www.upgradeyourbody.com/artic...-underway.html
                        I wish that people would do their homework before claiming the first adult stem cell human trial for spinal cord injury. The group in Inchon did that with bone marrow autografts nearly five years ago and published the results two years ago. Ten patients receive CD34+ cells isolated from their own bone marrow during the weeks that followed their injury. It was not a controlled study but they claimed better sensory recovery.

Wise.

Comment

Just read another aritcle on hearing loss and stem cells to grow inner hairs for restoring hearing. Some guy from Rutgers says it looks good but 10 years away. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
                            Just read another aritcle on hearing loss and stem cells to grow inner hairs for restoring hearing. Some guy from Rutgers says it looks good but 10 years away. Why?
                            Keeping on, please. I hate to keep harping on you but if you are going to comment on articles, please give a link or the source of your article. It is not just annoying but discourteous for you to force other people to look for something that you have read. By the way, it is probably not "some guy". The person who is the expert on hearing loss and regeneration at Rutgers is Professor Robin Davis, a woman.

Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                              Keeping on, please. I hate to keep harping on you but if you are going to comment on articles, please give a link or the source of your article. It is not just annoying but discourteous for you to force other people to look for something that you have read. By the way, it is probably not "some guy". The person who is the expert on hearing loss and regeneration at Rutgers is Professor Robin Davis, a woman.

Wise.
                              New Stem Cell Research May Cure Hearing Loss
                              Friday, 14 May 2010
                              3 Comments

read article here: http://www.techjackal.net/other/2010...-hearing-loss/

Comment

Working...
                              X