I am Dr. Xiao, inventor of the Xiao Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am Dr. Xiao, inventor of the Xiao Procedure

I used to just read the posts here with great appreciation to Dr. Wise Young, due to very busy work load and committments. I believe it is time now to join the forum and do my best for the community.

We have been performing the Xiao Procedure for over 350SCI and 1500SB cases since 2000 with a success rate over 80%. I have focused on th clinical trial in USA recent years. The reason is simple: 10 patient's results in USA are more valuable and more convincing than 10,000 cases in China where high quality followups are difficult to obtain. The USA results, so far, are better than I expected. I can not provide you with patient's details by law, but you can get some information from the NIH webside: http://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?aid=7696321
    Please read the abstract and be advised the reported results was for one year after surgeryonly and the paper hasbeen accepted by one of the top medical journals.Most recent results are even better.

Also, I wish all patients to get as much infomation as possible regarding the Xiao Procedure before making any decision. Those people who lost libel cases and fined US$10,000 in NY Federal Court and 40,000RMB in China, came here to smear on me was bad, but should have some positive role: Patients should be very careful before making decision for surgery, not only regarding the Xiao procedure, but any invasive procedue. I am posting a link below,which is a webcaster of my invited leture on Xiao procedure at SIU 30th annual meeting.
    http://webcasts.prous.com/netadmin/w...w=False&idcl=1

I will try my best to answer your all questions, though may with delays( just too busy)
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 03-12-2010, 12:06 PM. Reason: Fixed webcast link

Dear Dr Xiao

Welcome to CareCure. Nice to see you here.

Have a nice time here. Hope u recognize me.

Jawaid

Pakistan

Comment

Hi, and welcome. It's good to hear from you yourself.

Comment

Welcome!
        "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Three foot stream

A video of Dr. Young discussing Dr. Xiao's work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjBaB0oR5g

Comment

Thanks, Jawaid, and tom63 and Toperf.

Jawaid, posted below is the link you requested regarding the gunshot SCI girl in Luisana.http://content.yudu.com/Library/A15qm3/CNSNewsQtr12009/resources/8.htm

Toperf: FYI: I was invited to the scandina biannual SCI meeting in vinberg in June. I have trained the team from Arhus University and they are going to have their trial on SCI.

Comment

I will try to post at least 10 videos showing different kind of SCI patients voiding after the Xiao Procedure. I will have to learn how to cover up their faces and other identities first.I am not good at IT procedure at all.

Comment

Dr. Xiao:

Two years post injury. t6/10, brachial plexus injury also. What can you do, for how much $, with what success rate, and when can this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by CG Xiao View Post
                  I will try to post at least 10 videos showing different kind of SCI patients voiding after the Xiao Procedure. I will have to learn how to cover up their faces and other identities first.I am not good at IT procedure at all.
                  Dr. Xiao, it is difficult to post videos on our site unless they are in one of the popular formats such as u-tube. It would be far easier if you had them on a web site of your own and linked to it or perhaps Steven Edwards (who is an administrator of this site) can help you put it into a format that would work.

Wise.

Comment

Dr. Xiao,

Thank you for joining this community, and thank you for your dedication to improving our lives.

I look forward to learning more about your procedure in this direct fashion.

I caution you that there is a great deal of frustration and skepticism regarding medical research among some members of our community. We also are not immune to the more general ills of Internet mischief. Hopefully, all who enter this discussion will use this opportunity positively. I hope that the administrators and moderators share my view that this thread is unique enough to consider taking a more active role than our norm in keeping the conversation on track.

Dr. Xiao, I understand that each case is unique, and that it is difficult to address individual situations in this format. Still, I will ask - in general, is your procedure appropriate for adults with Spina Bifida? What factors do you consider in making that determination?
                    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Dr. Xiao, Let me begin by swing thanks for talking to us here on CareCure! I wanted to make this as short and direct as possible. What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
                      Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
                      CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post

Dr. Xiao, I understand that each case is unique, and that it is difficult to address individual situations in this format. Still, I will ask - in general, is your procedure appropriate for adults with Spina Bifida? What factors do you consider in making that determination?
                        hi, Old,

Yes, the Xiao Procedure for adults is as good as for children's, only difference is that adults may need a few more months to see the results.(longer neural regeneration distance) We have so many wonderful and moving stories among adults SB who were cured by teh procedure. We have followed up on 30 cured adult SB cases underwent the xiao procedure for functional MRI for newly formed micturition center( young kids can not co-operate well and can not stay in the MRI tube for 30min without moving the head. We also are following up 50 adults SB pre and post surgery for thier sexual function. The effective rate, if not higher, is about the same as in kids.

Comment

Welcome to CareCure Dr. Xiao!

Comment

Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you

But I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years.

Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has didcated and contributed to SCI no other can match. What he is trying on stem cell and OEC cell etc. is the right direction for SCI. But, as a surgeon having seen too much horrible scar in every SCI patient, as a reseacher knewing how complex and fragle the cord is, I think there is long and hard way to go before we can see any light in the tunel.

Comment

Originally posted by CG Xiao View Post
                              hi, Old,

Yes, the Xiao Procedure for adults is as good as for children's, only difference is that adults may need a few more months to see the results.(longer neural regeneration distance) We have so many wonderful and moving stories among adults SB who were cured by teh procedure. We have followed up on 30 cured adult SB cases underwent the xiao procedure for functional MRI for newly formed micturition center( young kids can not co-operate well and can not stay in the MRI tube for 30min without moving the head. We also are following up 50 adults SB pre and post surgery for thier sexual function. The effective rate, if not higher, is about the same as in kids.
                              Thank you for your reply. This is very encouraging.

What criteria do you use to determine if an adult patient with SB is a good candidate for your procedure?

More generally, do you think follow-up studies can reveal ways to improve the procedure or do you think it has reached its full potential?
                              Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Working...
                              X