My YOUTUBE Vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My YOUTUBE Vids

Aren't we all soo sick of being paralyzed?! Rhetorical Q. Help me help us! I want to spread the word of this miserable life consuming debilitation. We need the CURE NOW!!! I'm going to be 21 and paralyzed for only 3 years. I've missed out on soo much just like a lot of you and I'm SICK OF IT. I am sick of living in constant pain........ the list will never end. http://www.justadollarplease.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB7hVBZpyqA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckW6KNc9I8

Hey man, I 2nd that being disable can be a real downer.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Comment

i hear u man... honesty and bravery. moreso than it will be recognized for unfortunately.

f
      ight

Comment

I'm coming up to my 3rd year too (April 17th) and still the rollercoaster keeps on going. Touch wood up until now I haven't suffered any neuro pain.

Is there any update on how much has been raised so far with 'Justadollarplease', or is the figure too low to post as yet?

Instead of presents this Xmas I'm getting my family members to donate.

Merry Xmas all and fingers crossed for some uplifting news in the new year

Comment

You're doing the right thing Matt - we got to tell people what's up with this..
          'Out of touch with humanity' Damn straight hermano. I'm a c5/c6 and it's hell.
          "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Fed up

I hear ya I am L1 I have some nerve pain but its true we are missing out on everything. I am coming up on 2.5 years and have messed tons we my two little girls and too many people just think well you are still here you should be thankful for that.
            What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Comment

Its true SCI makes everything harder but you can't let it define your life. There are some things you can never do because your in a chair, and yes you will miss those things. But there are things you can do in a wheelchair.

I force myself to do things so I don't miss out on life. Like for example I'm going on a cruise soon with the gf.

Am I going to miss out on a ton of fun things that other people are going to get to do on the cruise? Yes that is a fact and it pisses me off but theres nothing you can do about it.

Now this sounds fucked up but I find happiness through other people. If the person I'm doing the activity with is having fun then I'm having fun. Inside I'm in constant pain and worrying about 1000 different things, that is something I've gotten use to feeling over the years that its almost normal.

When I'm single or don't have anyone to share memories with I don't do anything special. I'll still go out with my friends just so I don't lose them as friends.

Enjoying life is a totally different creature now but you can still do it in some form or another. Comparing your life now to what it use to be is something that will only cause pain.

Starting a new life is what I did. Thats why I when I moved to California from PA I really liked it because no one knows who I use to be so its almost like I'm starting over again.

The friends I have now are the friends that met me when I was in a wheelchair and I like that. My friends back home know me as a totally different person and will never forget that person. When I go out with my friends to events I don't do it because I think its going to be a fun time, I do it because thats what people do! Before SCI I would go out and do things because it was exciting and fun and you had no limits on what could happen that night.

Of course I could sit at home and play xbox all day and that is fun to me but then life just passes by. You can look back at your life and wonder what exactly did you do?

So even if on the inside your not having fun and your in constant pain, still force yourself to go out and try new things so in a few years you can look back and say hey that was an experience. Life is an experience even if its not always a fun or good experience.

Did we get ripped off in life? fuck yes we did, but now we have to work with the cards we were dealt.

Also I do enjoy your videos, its good to share the deep stuff, I'm not always positive about everything but I'm just speaking from experience. I was injured when I was 19 and the world came crashing down as well but if I didn't move on from that . . . I would still be living with my parents, not have a college education, not have an amazing girlfriend, and not have a job or living on my own. I'm 24 now and I never would imagined I'd be doing what I'm doing when I look back at how bad I was when I first got hurt.
              Last edited by mr_coffee; 21 Dec 2009, 12:38 AM.
              Injured:10-16-04
              C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
              Blog:
              http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
              Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
              Progress:
              http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
              My drawings:
              http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

Really insightful post, Cory. Thanks
                Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Comment

I hope you read this, and don't NOT read it because of the length

I feel you too. I seriously know that there's so much we can do to get our message out there. I made some large posters today that read: "All I want for the holidays is... to walk again. JUSTADOLLARPLEASE.ORG" and "All I want this year is... to walk again. JUSTADOLLARPLEASE.ORG". I plan to hold them out on the corner of various streets, as I planned to do tonight. Unfortunately, my dad says it's "too dark" to sit out tonight, which rather upset and frustrated me as I would do it myself if my hands could hold up the paper sign. Obviously, the message is straight forward for the purpose of making sense to the public. I didn't want to print "is...to pee on my own again", because messages like that may not be understood and also might not fit on the poster if I wanted to display EVERY matter. ANYWAY, it's a small, small start and I want to get this going as soon as possible; the difficulties can be overcome.

I COMPLETELY respect the different perspectives held within our SCI community, but I believe we all need to support each other. We are the only individuals who can, at LEAST, grasp, relate, and understand the majority of what a fellow member is going through. Certainly, we are busy and occupied with our own self-care, but for those of us who want to get active, let's do it!!!!!! For those of the SCI community who are satisfied, per se, or anything of the sort, we'll simply need your support.

We have so much potential to organize and make this as big as we want it, expressing the daily living with paralysis, Wise Young, justadollarplease.org, etc.

Why don't we start a thread about this that targets what WE can do and ideas we can make reality, TOGETHER. We can send letters to EVERYONE. One or a few of us can work on multiple solid letters that can be copied for everyone to send. Or we can brainstorm different actions that can be taken.

Just because I want a cure does not imply that I do not enjoy life all due to the fact that I'm in a wheelchair. However, I've been fortunate to have an incredible support system built in my family and amongst my friends. I've enjoyed some of the greatest nights of my life, yet that's not to ignore the worst of them either. It is not the same for everyone, as we are all different. Living with wheelchairs does not make us all identical, but we should still have each other.

With all that said and with all do respect, I disagree with mr_coffee in saying that "theres nothing you can do about it" and "Comparing your life now to what it use to be is something that will only cause pain", as there is A LOT you/we can do about "it" and our "past" lives can work as a source of motivation.

Much Looooove everyone.
                  2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by kenzeezy View Post
                    With all that said and with all do respect, I disagree with mr_coffee in saying that "theres nothing you can do about it" and "Comparing your life now to what it use to be is something that will only cause pain", as there is A LOT you/we can do about "it" and our "past" lives can work as a source of motivation.
                    I agree 100% what you said, but when I say "theres nothing you can do about it." I didn't mean there will never be a cure. I meant life is happening right now, not when the cure comes. Live life to the fullest with what you have and if the cure comes great! I hope the post didn't come off as give up hope for a cure. Try to get as much support as possible in finding that cure (which these videos and your posters are doing) but also continue on with life, don't wait for it to come before you try to start living or you may find life just went by too fast.

I joined a group at my work that is basically a group of disabled people but its to help spread awareness/money. I work for a large company and they do lots of fund raisers for like needy children, etc.

So if I can get them to do one for SCI that would be great. I need to see if there is a rule against doing this but If I could send that link to donate money to all the employees at my company ~65,000 people that would be great. I saw a few of them going around for like breast cancer so I don't see why this would be any different.

Also I apologize I didn't even realize this was in the CURE forum! I thought it was under LIFE.
                    Last edited by mr_coffee; 21 Dec 2009, 2:27 AM.
                    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

Blog:
                    Facebook:
                    Progress:
                    My drawings:

Comment

Great insight guys- We are all on the same page. I think like everything in life is a matter of balance between enjoying the present (surviving the present) and focusing on the future. Easier said than done.

I wish there was more of this energy and SCI folks with the same passion and drive across the country. Maybe because of the harsh New England winters and inaccessible buildings, I rarely see others in chairs -- in California are there more SCI folks out and about?

kenzeezy- have you found others in Cali with similar passions? I imagine if there were a few folks in wheelchairs holding signs that it would generate considerable attention and awareness.

Comment

Chaz,

by far I see more people in wheelchairs in cali then I did anywhere else.

Also I find people are more accepting out here then they are where I use to live in PA
                        C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

Blog:
                        Facebook:
                        Progress:
                        My drawings:

Comment

Guys, Merry Christmas to all ! Yes we're all in the same boat, but float differntly. I do belive we all have the desire to find a cure or real improvement. I ask all not to give up and keep pressure on for a cure. I'm hopiong for some real human improvement this year, but we have to keep all of us informed of anything we see promising. Then it is up to all of us to focus in and go for it. i belive something is coming; good luck to all.

Comment

ok i read everyones posts, they are all great. yes we have to keep e/o's spirits up and stay motivated to not give up this fight for a cure asap and keep the "normal" world informed/aware. we must send the message and why sugar coat it?, my life sure isnt. people dont have a clue as you all know. i didnt before all this happened. true theres not much most of us can do from a scientific POV but we can all make people aware that we're not okay living like this and help raise $$. we just want to function and be a part of humanity again. the loss of touch or feeling hurts soo bad. there are people living on vents and who cant move or feel a GD thing. how do you not have that define your life?? i know i wont be able to save the world but i will never stop fighting for us!

i try and live normally, i go out, i party, i try and live but theres not telling what my sci has in store for me. i just want to have no worries for once and be able. i am glad that some people can find happiness, unfortunately for me my search continues. feel free to contact me and keep fighting!!!

Comment

kenzeezy you rock

chill on dad daylight is better anyway

10 years ago mr coffee's advice was standard

today it needs and has changed

considering where science is advocating to end paralysis seems more logical than advocating at making life tolerable being paralyzed.

it's sad our leadership pretty much ignores the issue

anyway keep making noise

Originally posted by kenzeezy View Post
                              I feel you too. I seriously know that there's so much we can do to get our message out there. I made some large posters today that read: "All I want for the holidays is... to walk again. JUSTADOLLARPLEASE.ORG" and "All I want this year is... to walk again. JUSTADOLLARPLEASE.ORG". I plan to hold them out on the corner of various streets, as I planned to do tonight. Unfortunately, my dad says it's "too dark" to sit out tonight, which rather upset and frustrated me as I would do it myself if my hands could hold up the paper sign. Obviously, the message is straight forward for the purpose of making sense to the public. I didn't want to print "is...to pee on my own again", because messages like that may not be understood and also might not fit on the poster if I wanted to display EVERY matter. ANYWAY, it's a small, small start and I want to get this going as soon as possible; the difficulties can be overcome.

I COMPLETELY respect the different perspectives held within our SCI community, but I believe we all need to support each other. We are the only individuals who can, at LEAST, grasp, relate, and understand the majority of what a fellow member is going through. Certainly, we are busy and occupied with our own self-care, but for those of us who want to get active, let's do it!!!!!! For those of the SCI community who are satisfied, per se, or anything of the sort, we'll simply need your support.

We have so much potential to organize and make this as big as we want it, expressing the daily living with paralysis, Wise Young, justadollarplease.org, etc.

Why don't we start a thread about this that targets what WE can do and ideas we can make reality, TOGETHER. We can send letters to EVERYONE. One or a few of us can work on multiple solid letters that can be copied for everyone to send. Or we can brainstorm different actions that can be taken.

Just because I want a cure does not imply that I do not enjoy life all due to the fact that I'm in a wheelchair. However, I've been fortunate to have an incredible support system built in my family and amongst my friends. I've enjoyed some of the greatest nights of my life, yet that's not to ignore the worst of them either. It is not the same for everyone, as we are all different. Living with wheelchairs does not make us all identical, but we should still have each other.

Much Looooove everyone.
                              http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Working...
                              X