• Who think Wise Young’s umbilical cord blood trials will fix chronics

Who think Wise Young’s umbilical cord blood trials will fix chronics
    I do
    68.85%
    I don't
    31.15%

Define "fix".

Comment

I think there's a decent chance it will restore some function, although I don't know how much.
      ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
        Define "fix".
        It's been defined here on this website years ago, you want me to search it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards View Post
          I think there's a decent chance it will restore some function, although I don't know how much.
          Why and why not?

Comment

I hope it does and his dedication to his research is encouraging.

Comment

Even if it restored complete motor and sensory function, I don't think it will ever "fix" the rest of my 32-year post-injury body.
              Rick Goldstein
              GO! Mobility Solutions
              facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by goldnucs View Post
                Even if it restored complete motor and sensory function, I don't think it will ever "fix" the rest of my 32-year post-injury body.
                Think of the guy who got wasted yesterday, he may not have to go through the 32yrs of hell that you had to go through.
                http://outcampaign.org/

Comment

Well.. the question was more like if some believe that some before dumped and thrown away blood from a umbilical cord suddenly should pop up from a hat and fix the most complex biologically system known to man, like an injured spinal cord. Really? How?

Comment

I voted for the fix because of several reasons. The intial results have shown that this type of treatment moves your ASIA score from A to incomplete. Now that may not be a "fix" for some but for me that would be a godsend. I cannot get anybody to help an ASIA A because "there is no hope, you just have to learn to live in your wheelchair." If I could go from crappy transfers, to being able to transfer in the shower, car (whomever it is), toilet, etc. without help, I say bring it on. I feel that to totally fix a SCI will not happen in my lifetime but to be able to walk across the gym floor ( with the help of KAFO's, etc.) at my daughter's graduation (or maybe even at the volleyball parent's night her senior year) means more to me than you can imagine. To me, that is a "fix" I am looking for. Once I become an incomplete, the sky's the limit-IMHO.

Kathy

Comment

chronics past the 3 year mark?

nope.

thats reality. Ill just be straight up with it, since im not selling anything or need donation.

Will it improve life. I think it can, but at the same time, do you want sensory back, if you are 10 years post? I have a feeling some of the bumps, dings, and misshapes in your bones might hurt quite a lot if you got that back....

just something to think about.

at the same time, these breakthroughs are a positive thing. There is some kid that is 17, brilliant, that will read the current day acute cure and find one for chronics in the next 10-20 years.....its very possible. They dont call it a 'breakthru' for no reason. So in turn Dr. Youngs trials are extremely important.

btw. no doctor or scientist except Dr. Hans K over at Irvine is even able to talk boldy about how they plan on bridging over (or should I say through?) the hardened scar tissue at the injury site. ahem.

Comment

IMOP This work Dr Wise Young is doing is encouraging to know theres people like him who care
                        A Fix Hmmmmmmmm Dont know if that term fits but when anyone attempts to help disabled people I think it is beautifull
                        Trial I'll call it and in my case I'd go for any Trial because I got nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Imight View Post
                          chronics past the 3 year mark?

nope.

thats reality. Ill just be straight up with it, since im not selling anything or need donation.

Will it improve life. I think it can, but at the same time, do you want sensory back, if you are 10 years post? I have a feeling some of the bumps, dings, and misshapes in your bones might hurt quite a lot if you got that back....

just something to think about.

at the same time, these breakthroughs are a positive thing. There is some kid that is 17, brilliant, that will read the current day acute cure and find one for chronics in the next 10-20 years.....its very possible. They dont call it a 'breakthru' for no reason. So in turn Dr. Youngs trials are extremely important.

btw. no doctor or scientist except Dr. Hans K over at Irvine is even able to talk boldy about how they plan on bridging over (or should I say through?) the hardened scar tissue at the injury site. ahem.

Imight,

What difference does it make if you're a three-year chronic or a 30 year?

As far as scar tissue, it's not hardened. I don't know where you got that from, I would suggest going back and reading some of Dr. Youngs post on this subject.
                          A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin Rick View Post
                            Imight,

What difference does it make if you're a three-year chronic or a 30 year?

As far as scar tissue, it's not hardened. I don't know where you got that from, I would suggest going back and reading some of Dr. Youngs post on this subject.
                            err because scar tissue is hard. and um, scar tissue starts to develop around the 2 year mark. thus the reason I said 3 years...more or less.

Dr. Hans K at Irvine also spoke about this, and displayed his concern about penetrating thru the scar tissue. I attended his lecture last march.

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                              Why and why not?
                              1) Because stimulating mononuclear cord blood cells with lithium causes them to produce a combination of molecules that have been implicated in recovery. 2) Because, try as I might, seeing the future isn't a skill I have mastered.

...and since Imight's a good sport:

Originally posted by Imight View Post
                              Ill just be straight up with it, since im not selling anything or need donation. . . .

Nice soft sell there.
                              ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Working...
                              X