Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
    We are in the process of changing the name of the network to SCINetUSA. So, I am changing the title of this topic. Wise.
    sounds like something from the Terminator movieya like it!
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

• Just an idea folks, but could someone set up a "printable" business card on this site?? I am asking because I thought that if I could print out cards with the donation for a "Dollar a Day" campaign, I would hand them out to every person that asks me if I need help with anything. I would love to be able to tell them, "I can handle this...but you can help me with this" (hand them the card)...

Also, i think it would be beneficial to have a patch or logo that we can attach to our chair backs or back packs....kind-of like a rolling billboard. Never underestimate the power of advertising...

I see one of the problems with donations to SCI causes is the lack of a clearly defined and easy accessible donation destination. Clearly, if one wishes to donate to cancer research, they needn't look far to find a place to send donations...this is not the case with SCI. I have found most SCI causes to be somewhat confusing and not well defined. The Dollar a Day campaign should help alleviate this by cleaning up the process.

I am willing to help any way I can, and I have no problem asking freinds/family/strangers to donate, but I need to have a clearly defined recipient in mind and I have to know what I am asking donations for.

Comment

• Self-printed business cards look cheap & will cost more for material (ink/paper) in the long run. If this idea takes off, let me know & I can get them professionally printed (on 14pt glossy card stock + UV coating) relatively inexpensively (roughly $10 for 100 or $15 for 250, + shipping to your door).

Comment

• Chip,

We have a logo, what do you think?
          Any suggestions as to where we should advertise?
          [IMG]/jad/JAD-images/JAD-Logo.png[/IMG]

This is the website where people will learn about The Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trial Network USA (SCINetUSA), and contribute. http://justadollarplease.org/

Like the website?

The SCINetUSA website is being redone now.

Comment

• I love it. ChipS, I agree with you. I, too, would like to place signs, etc. at local businesses. I live in a tourist area and now is the summer season. This is when we have the most people here. Looking forward to sending out the letters to my address book too.

Comment

• I like too what Chips suggested.

Paolo
              In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

• How come an Italian has made more money to the effort than the Jim foundation?

Comment

• Wise and Jim, put in some umbilical stuff and name it ‘UCB-birdnet-US’

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post
                    Chip,

We have a logo, what do you think?
                    Any suggestions as to where we should advertise?
                    [IMG]/jad/JAD-images/JAD-Logo.png[/IMG]

This is the website where people will learn about The Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trial Network USA (SCINetUSA), and contribute. http://justadollarplease.org/

Like the website?

The SCINetUSA website is being redone now.
                    Jim, the logo RAWKS!!!...I love it. I think you have something here that is both simple, yet easily identifiable. I like the website too. I am going to try to have this logo embroidered on my pack. I try to get out in public as much as I can and I have found that people approach me all the time, so this will be a good thing to end a conversation with.

Scott - You are probably correct about the cards. Your suggestion warrants further discussion and I, for oe, find the cost to be reasonable. Good idea.

Momo - I am in a tourist area too (Ohio Amish country, so if any of you find your way here, let me know...I know the best restaraunts!!)...so I think I'll make a few stops once the cards are ready. I know of a couple SCI Amish people who have businesses as well.

I am so happy to see that some people have kept thier hope and energy alive...this is NOT the end folks...we MUST keep fighting and working to do our part.

Comment

• That campaign is a great idea....excellenty job to everyone that had a part in it.

Comment

• Great Job!!!

Can a Paypal account be set up? A few folks that I forwarded the link to made that comment, and I thought it myself.

This kind of things works best if it is as painless and enjoyable as possible for people to donate. Paypal account holders only need to click on the link, enter in their email and password, and donation is made. Just an idea!

Thanks for all you've done!!! It's fantastic.
                        Chris

Comment

• cljanney,

I had my credit card set up for regular automatic monthly payments. If you use Paypal they will probably deduct a fee from your donation and you'll have to "manually" make a monthly transaction.

Comment

• Paypal's 3% fee is similar to what credit card companies charge for transaction fees (varies slightly depending on the card), FYI.

Comment

• Sorry it took me so long to respond, I had to pick someone up from airport and just got in.

Chip, great idea about the business cards/flyers to hand out, and also display at businesses as momo suggested.
                              Glad you like the logo, Scorpion, a CC Member designed it for us.

clj, I'll look into setting PayPal for donations.

Keep the comments/suggestions coming!

Comment

• Is any thing on Facebook?

Comment

Working...
                                X