Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are expecting a bunch of new people so it will be an overview of the trial, and an update about the latest. I don't know if there is any new info about when the trial will start. Wise may also talk about other research we are doing in the lab. I am still working from home, waiting to receive my Covid test in the mail. Many are back in the lab following our strict Covid protocol.

Comment

Hello Jim and everyone,

sorry I couldn’t attend the open house because I live overseas and there is an eight hour difference which didn’t make it work.

please any updates regarding the trials?
      do we have a date for at least a month that the team is thinking of starting the trails?

Comment

Originally posted by mrTerell View Post
        Hello Jim and everyone,

sorry I couldn’t attend the open house because I live overseas and there is an eight hour difference which didn’t make it work.

please any updates regarding the trials?
        do we have a date for at least a month that the team is thinking of starting the trails?

The trial start date has been pushed to Spring 2021.

Comment

StemCyte was unable to raise the money for the trial and likely will no longer be involved. A new IND will have to be filed with the FDA. The trial can't start until Covid is under control.

Comment

• mrTerell
            mrTerell commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Jim for your answer. hopefully with applying to a new IND and waiting to have Covid under control won’t push the date even further than spring 2021.. just speaking for myself here, it’s been an extremely tough couple of years and having something available very soon it’s going to be life-saving for me and I’m sure everyone else.. Please Jim, convey our message to Dr. Young and tell him that to keep pushing for this no matter what. it doesn’t seem that there’s anything close enough in the pipeline apart from Dr. Young’s trial.. I am hanging on by a thread.. A friend of mine who was also injured passed away a few months ago... we need a sense of urgency, we need to keep pushing no matter what... please Jim, convey this message to Dr. Young. I know the whole world is going through Covid and most people have other stuff to worry about, but for us this is a priority.

I managed to watch most of this live but is there somewhere I can find a recording of entire event, maybe on the website? Also for a friend who missed it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            The trial can't start until Covid is under control.
            Define "under control" because I don't have faith that it'll ever be "under control".

Was the plan for StemCyte to do an IPO for the funding? Do you know who might be stepping in now?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post

Define "under control" because I don't have faith that it'll ever be "under control".

Was the plan for StemCyte to do an IPO for the funding? Do you know who might be stepping in now?
              Mononuclear Therapeutics is going to step in now.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
                Wise will have to prove to the FDA that he has a plan to run a Covid free trial. Each patient will have several walking trainers, and will also have to go home to family. He has started the process within our lab this semester and will have data to share. Also plans to test on our sports teams at rutgers.

StemCyte was going to get an IPO, but it fell through.

Wise co-founded Mononuclear Therapeutics a few years ago because there isn't enough cord blood in the world to treat everyone if/when this therapy is approved. They will be funding the trial.

Comment

Thank you for the updates.

Comment

Working...
                  X