Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COME ON! Let's get this freakin show on the road!

Sorry; frustrated rant (just came down with ANOTHER UTI last night)
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

• Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
      COME ON! Let's get this freakin show on the road!

Sorry; frustrated rant (just came down with ANOTHER UTI last night)
      Let's hope the virus doesn't delay the start.

People need to chill out. The media is making things worse.

Comment

• Let's be realistic. This is absolutely 100% going to delay this study. In a few weeks, the American health-care system and hospital system is going to be completely overwhelmed. It's going to be all hands on deck in hospitals, pop-up centers, perhaps universities and other buildings transformed into temporary hospital / critical care environments. Resources for a study like this are going to be put on hold significantly...

So you can look at it two ways. First, they were just about to get started and now it's delayed. Second, they were nowhere near starting anyway and now they have a good excuse.

The media is not making anything worse! If anything they are understating the potential crisis that is about to come to be if America does not severely change their ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchitsu View Post
          Let's be realistic. This is absolutely 100% going to delay this study. In a few weeks, the American health-care system and hospital system is going to be completely overwhelmed. It's going to be all hands on deck in hospitals, pop-up centers, perhaps universities and other buildings transformed into temporary hospital / critical care environments. Resources for a study like this are going to be put on hold significantly...

So you can look at it two ways. First, they were just about to get started and now it's delayed. Second, they were nowhere near starting anyway and now they have a good excuse.

The media is not making anything worse! If anything they are understating the potential crisis that is about to come to be if America does not severely change their ways.
          Let's hope it doesn't get to that point. I think with the new restrictions that will help a lot.

Well I just enrolled in a clinical trial here in Houston and we currently have 68 cases (10 where I live). The hospitals are just taking extra precautions as like before I went inside they screened me and I had to fill out a questionnaire. I even asked the recruiters that I was surprised that they are still going forward with the trial and they said "life must go on, but of course we have to take extra precautions now".

Jim has said that they still have a bunch of more meetings to go before recruitment starts. I'm sure they can still do all those meetings that they have to do either in person or via Skype during this whole Coronavirus restrictions. Then once the Coronavirus cases drop and the restrictions are lifted they can start recruiting.

The media sometimes makes people panic! Mass hysteria can be very dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky831 View Post
            Let's hope it doesn't get to that point. I think with the new restrictions that will help a lot.

Well I just enrolled in a clinical trial here in Houston and we currently have 68 cases (10 where I live). The hospitals are just taking extra precautions as like before I went inside they screened me and I had to fill out a questionnaire. I even asked the recruiters that I was surprised that they are still going forward with the trial and they said "life must go on, but of course we have to take extra precautions now".

Jim has said that they still have a bunch of more meetings to go before recruitment starts. I'm sure they can still do all those meetings that they have to do either in person or via Skype during this whole Coronavirus restrictions. Then once the Coronavirus cases drop and the restrictions are lifted they can start recruiting.

which trial did you enroll in? CELLTOP?
            "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
            Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

• Originally posted by lunasicc42
              "NCT Number Not Found"
              https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04074616

Forgot to add the 6

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky831 View Post

I really do wish you the best and hope whatever study you are involved in moves forward quickly.

Unfortunately this virus is moving very fast. The growth is exponential. Every few days the cases double. I hope you are right and the measures we are taking are enough.

In New York we are basically on total lockdown.

Comment

• Any update anyone? Supposedly everything. is opening up soon, so long as it is not on-fire
                  Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
                  Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

Working...
                  X