Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sriv, there was no Jan Open House.

Comment

• sriv
      sriv commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the February Open House! :-)

Sriv, there was no Jan Open House.

Crispy, we have to train those who will be walking the clinical trial participants. This will be done in our Center via video conference. I can't make any promises but it is possible that we can share the recording.

Comment

• crispy1981
      crispy1981 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Jim. Can I volunteer to be a participant in the training? Win/win?

JIm do you have a recording for the recent Feb 4 webinar please?
    thanks, dan

Comment

Well the good news is that StemCyte Trial is now recruiting!
    The bad news is that it's only recruiting in Taiwan .
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...draw=2&rank=57

Comment

Any new updates?

Comment

Haven't heard anything.

Comment

What's the big deal about the Taiwan trial if they're simply repeating the Phase-2 China one? Didn't the China one already completed it and published in a "reputable" medical journal already? Or it didn't count for anything? Why would Stemcyte sponsor the same repeated trial of 2012 but backed off on the P-3 US trail? Its been said that Wise's no longer chairman in ChinaSCINET, no longer involved with Stemcyte, various issues with the FDA, IND.... JESUS, what's going on really?? nothing's making any sense anymore, even the administrators who see and work with Dr Young nearly everyday haven't heard anything... geez is this really going anywhere or somebody's just kicking a dead horse?
          "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
          ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
            SCI-Nurse commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you attended or watched any of the Keck Center Open House Zooms/videos in the last 4-5 months? Dr. Young explained all of the is quite a bit of detail. I suggest your watch some or all of them to get answers to your questions. (KLD)

Moe, Wise is doing everything he can to get this trial going, including starting a company to fund it, and future trials. There is no issue with the FDA. As I posted previously, another experiment has to be completed for the FDA because of the new source of umbilical cord blood stem cells; New York Blood Bank. The experiment is to show that their cells are safe and effective. Once that is completed and the data is analyzed, approval should be granted. These experiments are not simple, they take a lot of time and cost a great deal.

As I stated previously, StemCyte pulled out of the US trial and Wise is no longer working with them. Does it make any sense what they are doing? Not to me. Wise is still involved in ChinaSCINet and plans to include them in the phase III.

Comment

No disrespect but I wish there was more doing than explaining. Too many undelivered promises in this US trial, every year it's been a different reason for postponing since it was first mentioned about 10 years ago. Still all talk, no action to me sry. A friend of mine said that he could fix my car someday too, he never showed up... for years he still talks about it though...
          ― DaShanne Stokes

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
            SCI-Nurse commented
            Editing a comment
            Obviously you have not been involved in getting clinical trials underway in the USA with all the FDA and sometimes NIH regulations involved. COVID put a lot of this on hold or ended support for the study, as Jim says above. It certainly is not due to lack of effort on Wise's part or that of his staff!!! (KLD)

KLD, this has been on hold for many reasons long before Covid. Let's please stop using Covid as a blanket excuse for everything.

Comment

• Moe
            Moe commented
            Editing a comment
            KLD you did say: "COVID put a lot of this on hold or ended support for the study" COVID's only been around less than two years, the study's been around for decades long before covid just like Barrington said.

• SCI-Nurse
            SCI-Nurse commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you attended or watched any of the open house presentations in the last years? (KLD)

• Barrington314mx
            Barrington314mx commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I have. Yes I know he says Covid delayed it. Same comment to Wise as well then. I understand covid delayed things. But not for 2 years. And before covid, it was about to happen. Or so we were told.

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
          KLD, this has been on hold for many reasons long before Covid. Let's please stop using Covid as a blanket excuse for everything.
          So true. Not just with this study but with everything in life.

Not to be such a curmudgeon, but this thing's been delayed for well over a decade already. If it wasn't so serious an issue for so many people, it would actually be funny how ridiculous it is.

And let's really be honest here. This study, technology, seems to already be so outdated.
          ​​​​​​There are much newer, more exciting things happening now.

At this point I'm coming to this site for other information on SCI, whether that is care, other cures, equipment, etc...

I hope I'm wrong but with every passing year it isn't looking so. Unfortunately.

Comment

Sure is a lot easier to complain than it is to make meaningful progress in SCI research.
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

• Moe
              Moe commented
              Editing a comment
              That wasn't the point I was making. I just asked what was the meaningful progress your were referring.

• Oddity
              Oddity commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know of any. I've only listened to a handful of Dr. Young's monthly presentations and Open House events over the years. I made my peace with SCI a long time ago and have never been too fussed with the notion of a "cure" during my life time.

That's entirely my personal opinion.

I'm certainly grateful for all the work being done, progress, or not. Because that's how it works. You keep at it, make incremental gains, and keep at it some more, working toward a break through, at best. Fair progress, or fair effort, if not.

That's how I see it. I don't feel SCI researchers "owe" me progress. I find it endearing and heart warming and am grateful anyone is even trying.

• Moe
              Moe commented
              Editing a comment
              to be clear, my point wasn't at all about owing anything. I too visited the open houses read and listened what was announced. Again, all I asked you out of curiosity what was this "meaningfull progress" you mentioned. so I got your answer: "I'm not bothered by any of it." and "I don't know of any" well, I don't know of any physical advancements neither so you're not alone. Lots of talking of advancements though, not too much doing. Talking of making numerous networks but can't even finish one... enough with the wishful thinking and dreaming. I can live with my sci on my own, no worries...

Please don't belittle people's opinions and concerns.

This thread BEGINS in 2009 talking about how trials will start within 6 months. Back when Wise Young actually frequented this message board, posted updates regularly, and answered people's questions and concerns. Back when the members here were donating as much of their own money as possible to try getting things moving.

It's really not brought up, but I would be curious to know how much money was raised with all the fundraising between 2009 and 2020 (pre-covid). Which of course would lead to more questions.

Comment

Some people stay in business by still kicking dead horses. Still haven't heard any follow-up data from the old P-2 China patients in how are they now after years of the surgery?, what I got as an answer was that "no follow-up data was make because the participated patients lived too far" Yet all this talk of a SCI Network such as China, India, Norway, USA, the moon, etc... but can't even continue where it was left off in the origin country... only repeated talk and dreams. Yes the effort may be there and I'm very grateful to all the volunteer's who worked hard into this but as for the ones with a great yearly salaries by kicking dead horses, not so much.
              Last edited by Moe; 26 Jun 2022, 10:18 AM.
              ― DaShanne Stokes

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
                SCI-Nurse commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not going to argue with anyone else who has not taken the time to attend the Keck Center Open Houses about this in the last year, as I have. It's not worth my time. (KLD)

• Moe
                Moe commented
                Editing a comment
                I did. drove from Canada to Jersey twice in person and several online ones. But no worries about bothering your precious time, I don't remember asking you any questions. -cheers
                Last edited by Moe; 26 Jun 2022, 6:58 PM.

this might sound mean to some but I truly think it would behoove Wise to abandon pursuing cord blood therapy and work to develop a new, more efficacious therapy for sci and use the existing scinet to further that therapy if and when it comes to fruition
              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

• Barrington314mx
                Barrington314mx commented
                Editing a comment
                I disagree. If the china results are really what they say they are, this is worth pursuing to the end.

• SCI-Nurse
                SCI-Nurse commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not going to argue with anyone else who has not taken the time to attend the Keck Center Open Houses about this in the last year, as I have. It's not worth my time. (KLD)
            Working...
            X