Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry Jawaid but I have to ask Jim if he knows how the justification was made to shift the focus of Wises lab to LMN injuries When 'to my knowledge' regular Spinal cord injuries haven't fully been addressed yet IE arms and hands, Unless there ARE plans or recovery already seen in arms and hands (it's never been officially addressed)
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

• "...regular spinal cord injuries..."

That's kinda funny.

I trust Dr. Young to set the priorities where they need to be set.

Although Im also kinda excited to hear the focus has shifted onto my type of injury, if this is true. Ive been pretty discouraged these last 15 years knowing my type of injury hasn't really been being worked on much.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

• I trust too but I also want proof or assurance

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

• That's kinda not what trust means. Besides, the only folks with any real entitlement to "proof and assurances" are those paying the bills. Are you paying the bills? If not, that attitude seems a bit...strange. If you are paying the bills, there has to be better channels to request that kind of information. What kind of "proof and assurances" do you feel you're owed, and why? Sorry if I'm late to the party but this just seems weird to me.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

• No, I am not 'paying the bills', I have donated though and not ashamed to Respectfully ask any question that I am unclear on...I never even came close to demanding anything

Comment

• We haven't shifted focus. Dr. Young is committed to finding effective therapies for all chronic spinal cord injuries. Our lab has been working on lumbosacral injuries for several years.

There are plans to exercise arms/hands in our upcoming trial, also, examining bowel, bladder, and sexual function.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim View Post
                We haven't shifted focus. Dr. Young is committed to finding effective therapies for all chronic spinal cord injuries. Our lab has been working on lumbosacral injuries for several years.

There are plans to exercise arms/hands in our upcoming trial, also, examining bowel, bladder, and sexual function.
                right on...

Comment

• Has there been any consideration of giving lithium for more than 6 weeks?

Like why not 12 weeks?

Or 6 months?

Or a year?

Comment

• Good day Jim,
                    any updates regarding the beginning or start of the trials? I know Covid has hindered the speed and process of the trial. But, we were extremely close to start the trials prior to Covid. Is there any good news out there about potentially continuing where we where we left off? is there talk that maybe August can be the month we start the trials?

hope to hear some good news soon.
                    thanks

Comment

• Moe
                      Moe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm also curious about the rest of the SCINet 'Network' such as China, India, Norway... ever going to happen?

• Jim - I am going to leave this for you. You by far have more of the knowledge to answer these questions.
                    ckf
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X