Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jim, any discussion on how many participants will be able to be transplanted at one time, or how many expected over the course of a year?

Comment

Hey Barrington, forget the specifics but starting off there will be a delay between operations at each surgical center. Remind me to ask Wise at Oct Open House.

Comment

Thanks Jim for the previous. I have another. But I might need some help naming things correctly. Let's start here and see if you can figure out what I'm trying to talk about.
        It sounds like there is a maximum of ~5 segments of nerve growth ("rewiring") observed? Do they literally seem to stop once they've made it that far? Or was that just the best that was observed in the time frame given? Would a second dose some time in the future help? Or how else can that be increased and/or sped up?

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
          SCI-Nurse commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be a great question to pose for Dr. Young at the next Open House. You can send questions ahead of time when registering for the on-line event. (KLD)

Did an Internet search on nerve growth factor a month + ago to learn more about the subject and found this. Search on the website re wild thyself and look for: supplement to increase nerve growth factor. It looked promising and seemed to be worth a shot at possibly improving my son's paralysis. We are planning a 6 month test of the 4 supplements. The article suggests more along the lines of brain and the mental function, but does mention chronic or acute trauma without specifics. Bottom line, we have begun a twice a day regime with the 4 supplements suggested without any side effects notable as yet. Will say that the links were a little tricky and for several, had to go directly to the manufacture listed on the bottle.

Maybe this link would work better.
        http://www.rewildthyself.com/supplem...-growth-factor

If anyone has seen this 2014 article and has known of someone trying this supplement routine, would be helpful to reply and discuss.

Comment

Was there an open house yesterday 11/5?

Comment

• sriv
            sriv commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, there was! It was fairly similar to the October presentation, with different questions from the audience. :-)

Originally posted by Sparky831 View Post
          Was there an open house yesterday 11/5?
          Was there any update regarding the status of the clinical trial? Has the FDA approved the trial?

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
            SCI-Nurse commented
            Editing a comment
            Dr. Young discussed this at length in the November Keck Center Open House. Not sure if the video has been posted yet, but attending these each month is a good way to stay up with progress in getting this trial off the ground. (KLD)

The PreIND Meeting is in a few weeks, will know more then. Recruitment should begin early next year.

Comment

ckf
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Maybe this link would work better. [/SIZE][/FONT]http://www.rewildthyself.com/supplem...-growth-factor

If anyone has seen this 2014 article and has known of someone trying this supplement routine, would be helpful to reply and discuss. [/QUOTE]

The article is not there. Please advise which supplements that you take for nerve growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                The PreIND Meeting is in a few weeks, will know more then. Recruitment should begin early next year.
                Thanks Jim!

Comment

Sparky831--I now also am not able to open that rewildthyself article on nerve growth factor. For some unknown reason, it has been deleted from their website. So, suggest you look here for more information and supplements that may help to improve a spinal cord injury. 9 Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) Effects + What May Increase It - SelfHacked

Will say that it has been about 3 months with a trial of the 4 supplements suggested in that nerve growth factor article dated back to 2014. The 4 supplements suggested are: Japanese Ashitaba, Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate, Lions Mane, and Bromelain. My son has been on those 4 supplements at twice per day. Nothing negative at all to report up to this point. And, have not noticed anything specifically positive either. Am planning on a 6 month trial, and may go to a 12 month trial with a chance to give it our best shot. I would have replied in the message section but could not find any way in that area to click on anywhere to create a reply to your message.

Comment

Jim, would it be okay if we compiled a list of questions (and answers once answered) for the next open house and maybe update the first post of this thread as a FAQ?

Comment

Sure, Dec Open House is all Q&A.

Comment

As an addendum to my son's test of 4 supplements to help promote nerve healing, came across this May 2021 website about collagen and it's assistance in possible nerve repair. Very useful reading. Does Collagen Help Repair Nerve Damage? Is there Evidence? (cbsupplements.com) Suggest clicking on Collagen benefits and collagen science tabs on the home page for more depth of knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X