Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jim, any discussion on how many participants will be able to be transplanted at one time, or how many expected over the course of a year?

Comment

Hey Barrington, forget the specifics but starting off there will be a delay between operations at each surgical center. Remind me to ask Wise at Oct Open House.

Comment

Thanks Jim for the previous. I have another. But I might need some help naming things correctly. Let's start here and see if you can figure out what I'm trying to talk about.
        It sounds like there is a maximum of ~5 segments of nerve growth ("rewiring") observed? Do they literally seem to stop once they've made it that far? Or was that just the best that was observed in the time frame given? Would a second dose some time in the future help? Or how else can that be increased and/or sped up?

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
          SCI-Nurse commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be a great question to pose for Dr. Young at the next Open House. You can send questions ahead of time when registering for the on-line event. (KLD)

Did an Internet search on nerve growth factor a month + ago to learn more about the subject and found this. Search on the website re wild thyself and look for: supplement to increase nerve growth factor. It looked promising and seemed to be worth a shot at possibly improving my son's paralysis. We are planning a 6 month test of the 4 supplements. The article suggests more along the lines of brain and the mental function, but does mention chronic or acute trauma without specifics. Bottom line, we have begun a twice a day regime with the 4 supplements suggested without any side effects notable as yet. Will say that the links were a little tricky and for several, had to go directly to the manufacture listed on the bottle.

Maybe this link would work better.
        http://www.rewildthyself.com/supplem...-growth-factor

If anyone has seen this 2014 article and has known of someone trying this supplement routine, would be helpful to reply and discuss.

Comment

Working...
        X