Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spidergirl View Post
    Wise,
    Where are the centers going to be located?
    From post #13 in this thread.

• New Jersey Medical School and Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation.
    • Thomas Jefferson School of Medicine and Magee Rehabilitation.
    • Shriner's Hospital in Philadelphia
    • Brackenridge Hospital in Austin
    • Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City
    • Long Island Jewish Hospital in Long Island
    • Shepard Rehabilitation Center in Atlanta, Georgia
    • Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan
    • University of Colorado in Denver

Do you have therapies that you truly believe will work?
    From post #38 in this thread:

We found that lithium strongly stimulates umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells (UCBMC) to proliferate and to produce growth factors that stimulate regeneration. Both cord blood and lithium have been used for many years in many patients and have a long and strong record of safe use. HLA-matched cord blood cells are available from cord blood banks. In my opinion, these cells and lithium are the best combination therapy that we can use for the first trial of a therapy for chronic spinal cord injury.

Comment

Originally posted by spidergirl View Post
      Wise,

I will give money as well. Please tell us exactly what you plan on doing in bringing chronic clinical trials to the US and how I and several other can get everyone on this team....

Where are the centers going to be located? Do you have therapies that you truly believe will work? Many people can say several things but ACTION is better than HOPE!!

I am in as you see everyone else is intersted as well.. Lets do this!!

I have 5k to start.

CB
      Cheryl, you can get the details of the trial at http://nascinet.org and I will post a more detailed draft protocol soon.

Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by antiquity View Post
        Wise,

Should donations to the NASCIN be made through the Keck Center link at the top?
        Found the answer here: /forum/showpost.php?p=1031184&postcount=142

Comment

Dr. Young, you're saying that you will begin recruiting people in September. How can people participate in your trial?

This is all very exciting news.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            Hi Kim,

sorry off topic but i just noticed your sig

Cure day: http://countdown2zero.com/c0113

good one :
            Hi Leo

Let´s see by how far I miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Barmada View Post
              Dr. Young, you're saying that you will begin recruiting people in September. How can people participate in your trial?

This is all very exciting news.
              Thanks
              Barmada, if everything goes according to plan (i.e. we get the agreement of the participating centers, the institutional review boards, and raise the necessary funds), the participating centers will begin recruiting this fall. All recruitment will be done by the centers and not by nascinet itself. At the present, eight centers have expressed strong interest in being in the network and it is likely that we will continue to add centers in the coming months.

Wise.

Comment

Made my monthly contribution this week and set up the donation to have money donated on a monthly basis.

I know a couple of people in my region and I'll contact them to let them know about the NASCIN. I feel I can get them to donate as well on a regular basis.

Good luck and Godspeed Dr. Young.

Comment

Antiquity,

There are still so many questions and so few answers...

I like to get to the point. I truly believe in this and I have been looking for something to back for so long.

Wise,

Your a trailblazer. Your right there are no more excuses and the amount of money the CRF has made this should have already been done. What I see happening here is going to be a domino effect. All the scientists that have their few pieces of the puzzle will eventually join groups and collaberate. Something will give. I just hope that some of us have a real shot one day. HMMM money. There are many people that can afford to give the amount needed and that's sad. Hospitals might be a good bet.

It's very scary to think about the possibilities of our chances in the next decade. Or if the therapies will be effective? and how mny tries and times. It's like consistantly rolling the dice. When this happens though, I see many groups joining teams and working together everywhere trying to find the golden ticket. As far as the UCBC and lithium its a risk. However it's those risks and chances you take in life always end up being the most worthwile. oy vey. If CRF did this years ago we could have been so much farther ahead.

Sometimes I imagine an alien coming into my room and curing me.
                  Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Comment

Cheryl--very well said re: collaboration. Wise--thank you for your tireless efforts.
                    Last edited by Susan M; 8 May 2009, 2:37 PM.
                    Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

If CRF did this years ago we could have been so much farther ahead.
                      I am not sure how smart it is to pit one group against another especially when your facts are not completly accurate.

http://www.christopherreeve.org/site...asp?ct=5842597

Many of the North American Clinical Trial Centers are the same as the group Wise created. The CDRF saw a need years ago for colaboration and networks for clinical trials. The International Consortium has been around for years and was the first cooperative group.
                      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Question:

If I were to setup a recurring donation, how would I be able to cancel this if in the future I was unable to keep this up?
                        "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
                          Question:

If I were to setup a recurring donation, how would I be able to cancel this if in the future I was unable to keep this up?
                          Hey McDuff,

How goes it in Texas?

In order to cancel a recurring donation, you just have to email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                            I am not sure how smart it is to pit one group against another especially when your facts are not completly accurate.

Many of the North American Clinical Trial Centers are the same as the group Wise created. The CDRF saw a need years ago for colaboration and networks for clinical trials. The International Consortium has been around for years and was the first cooperative group.

Cheesecake, I missed that CRF=the foundation. I'm so used to the CDRF acronym now. Agreed. The CDRF has definitely done a tremendous amount to advance research while recognizing the need for support services today. In many ways they have been pioneers.
                            Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              Hey McDuff,

How goes it in Texas?

In order to cancel a recurring donation, you just have to email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu
                              Howdy Jim,

We are hitting 91 degrees and high humidity today. Is it summer already?

Sounds easy enough to handle the donation, thanks. Could I ask a favor? Send me a PM with this info, I have a folder of contact info PM's and this would help me out, with my old failing memory. Thanks, I'll go ahead and setup a donation.
                              "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post

Cheesecake,

do you think CDRF will give some financial contribution to the NASCINet?

Thanks,

Paolo
                                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X