Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    This was barely any recovery. Two measurements that really show recovery is a change in ASIA (A to B or C) or a big change in the SCIM score.
    Did that patient get cells + 666? If so, shouldnt that be seen as a major Bummer?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

ASIA exam, medical records, and MRI will be used to determine level.

One center will screen all the prospective patients.

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
        Did that patient get cells + 666? If so, shouldn't that be seen as a major Bummer?
        He did get both. I don't think it's a bummer, results are results.

Comment

so what step are we on now in the process of getting the US trial up and recruiting?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
            so what step are we on now in the process of getting the US trial up and recruiting?
            I just hope the trail got approval from the IRB already.

Comment

google says the IRB approval process takes approx 30 days... How long has it been?

Comment

Contracts with the hospitals and rehabs are still being finalized, after that, workshops need to be held.

Not all facilities have the same IRB. One has given approval, the others, soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  Contracts with the hospitals and rehabs are still being finalized, after that, workshops need to be held.

Not all facilities have the same IRB. One has given approval, the others, soon.
                  thx

Comment

approx how long are the workshops? I am just excited and intrigued to follow this trial as it comes together... Little aspects are interesting to me

Comment

Jim,

Was there anything new said during last weeks open house? Will the trail start this year or early next year?

Comment

Nothing new, still planning to start this year.

Comment

Hey Jim,

So after the IRBs and budgets are approved by each facility will the trail start recruiting or are you guys still going to do workshops?

Comment

Recruiting and workshops can happen together. It hasn't been decided yet, but I don't see the first surgery happening until Jan.

Comment

Hey Jim,

Was there anything new said during last Friday's Open House? Can you provide us with an update on the status of the trail? Will the trail start recruiting/screening this year at least? Have all the IRBs been approved?

Comment

We had a meeting yesterday working on finalizing the budget for the six weeks of outpatient PT. This has to be done with each center, almost complete. One IRB has been approved, 2 are pending. Almost there.

Comment

Working...
                                X