Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS77 View Post
    Will there ever be trials for Lumbar injuries?
    Our lab is working hard on lumbosacral injuries.

Comment

I know we kept asking questions a lot about when US trials are going to start but then we got quiet and patient... But we still don't have a concrete date on when the US trials will start recruiting, when do we get that?
      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Seriously, when they know they will tell us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
          Our lab is working hard on lumbosacral injuries.

Thanks Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
            Seriously, when they know they will tell us.

My fear: (unfounded but it's still there )... Is that the trial is not actually going to get off the ground despite the chatter due to lack of efficacy that we don't know about but the high-ups do and we are just being strung along Perpetually waiting for American trials to begin. The thing that would most likely Calm my fears is actual before and after videos of the patients performing physical tasks, sorry but the integaconnect paper just doesn't have me fully convinced and leaves some questions. I need to SEE it... When do we get multi-media coverage?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
              My fear: (unfounded but it's still there )... Is that the trial is not actually going to get off the ground despite the chatter due to lack of efficacy that we don't know about but the high-ups do and we are just being strung along Perpetually waiting for American trials to begin. The thing that would most likely Calm my fears is actual before and after videos of the patients performing physical tasks, sorry but the integaconnect paper just doesn't have me fully convinced and leaves some questions. I need to SEE it... When do we get multi-media coverage?
              There was a video of a guy from the China study. Not sure how to find it now.

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                Yea, we and the FDA are just stringing you along ...

http://www.icontact-archive.com/arch...cd3f59ef7b74ad

Comment

I see what you are saying but after years of paralysis and utter disappointment there is still that inkling in the back of my mind... Ya know, fear isn't always rational... Godspeed.

But one question still remains: "will there be a media blitz of some kind? "

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
                    There was a video of a guy from the China study. Not sure how to find it now.
                    anybody? Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      Yea, we and the FDA are just stringing you along ...

http://www.icontact-archive.com/arch...cd3f59ef7b74ad
                      Jim, how are the trials in India, China and Taiwan coming along? Have they started? Do they operate independently of each other or are their schedules related in some way?
                      Thanks

Comment

Don?t know about the trials in China and Taiwan but the trials in India would began after the Phase 2 trials have started in US. Have also been to one of the hospitals in India where the trial is planned, they also use the same Kunming walking program (6:6:6) but I don?t think that would be beneficial without Stem Cells

Comment

China won't be involved until the phase III. We would like to start India, Taiwan, and US at the same time but that will be difficult to pull off. Wise recently visited each country, but I didn't get a progress report. India has been doing the 6-6-6 walking program for about a year now. Like in China, some are recovering without any cells.

Comment

The walking program that Jim mentions is currently paid by the patients ( approx 30$ for 6 hours or 2000 INR for 6 hours) it’s not under any trial. I personally have tried it but none of patients that I know are able to complete the 6:6:6. It’s pretty exhausting and extremely hard.

Comment

Thanks for the report, Parth.

If I recall, some are able to make it to Kunming Level IV?
                              Attached Files

Comment

No problem Jim. Personally I have seen some patients walk some distance on Kunming walker with rope tied on their knees so that they don’t buckle up, but again at the end of the day the patients go back home on their wheelchairs only. I don’t know if the patients progressed any further. All of these patients are without the intraspinal UC cells.

Comment

Working...
                                X