Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do we sign up?
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
      Where do we sign up?
      Originally posted by Jim View Post
      When we get the ok from the FDA (within 90 days) I will post instructions how to apply. You will apply directly to the hospital performing the surgery.

Comment

If unthethering is necessary, it will be done. I don't think the hand stimulator has been decided on yet. We have a rehab meeting in two weeks.

The last thing that has to be worked out for approval is the cell processing. The FDA does not want each hospital processing the cells. (Thawing, spinning down, extracting the mononuclear cells, and preparing for injection. This make complete sense to me, way too much room for human error. We are looking for a company here in NJ that will process all the cells, and deliver them to each hospital ready to be inected.

This is an ongoing research project for a Ph.D. thesis, not talking about it.

Jim, was a hand stimulator successfully decided upon
        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Jim any new updates you can share with us?

Comment

Will the hospital serve kosher or gluten-free meals to the patients? omg... lol

Why do I get the feeling that in 10-20 years from now we'll still ask the same questions sitting down...
            Last edited by Moe; 13 Aug 2018, 1:14 PM.
            "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
            ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
              Will the hospital serve kosher or gluten-free meals to the patients? omg... lol

Why do I get the feeling that in 10-20 years from now we'll still ask the same questions sitting down...
              While standing desks are becoming quite popular, sitting down at a computer is still the preferred choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
                While standing desks are becoming quite popular, sitting down at a computer is still the preferred choice.
                You smartass... good one hahaha
                "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
                ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

Jim... Is it reasonable to ask if scinetusa locations will at least be recruiting patients by and within the end of -this year-
                  Without stating an exact date, that would still give me great ease of mind

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

The goal is still to do the first few surgies before the end of the year.

Comment

Jim, when can we expect an update... This thread has been silent for a while

Comment

When there is something to update

Comment

When there is something to update

Fair... When is the next meeting happening regarding something pertinent to the start of recruitment happening. What decisions are left to be made

Comment

I mean, is it like: "we are going to have a meeting to discuss and decide on 'THIS' aspect of the trial on _/_/_ date.... " Is that how it works

Comment

The most recent meetings were with the CEO of StemCyte and the principle investigators. Not sure when next is.

Comment

is it reasonable to ask what the meeting was regarding and if anything came of it..... Getting amped over here kinda

Comment

Working...
                                X