Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim View Post
    When I went on medical leave the paper was 1,000 pages, it's now 1,500. Just a matter of taking time and getting it correct.

90 days, yes.
    Sweet! Thanks! Can’t wait to read it!

Comment

Was the paper submitted?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky831 View Post
        Was the paper submitted?

Jim, Whats up, is there a hard date when clinical results can be known. Please tell me that stuff is going on behind the scenes and nothing is stalled (like it seems to be)
        Been so dry on the news front all around
        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Things are moving forward, I believe the application will be submitted in a week or two. Hopefully the FDA will quickly grant approval and we can get this trial going.

Comment

just for the record and at the risk of not knowing something pertinent to that situation, I think that was major BS like in December or so when the manuscript (or what may be the proper name for it) was first submitted last year only to take like 70 days to have it sent back without review... I mean what the hell took so long if the manuscript wasn't even reviewed
            I mean is there some regulatory process that I don't get.

Can anyone explain that or clear that up for me
            I didn't say anything but that irked me

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Was there anything new mention or an update on the clinical trail in last weeks Open House?

Comment

There was no Open House because of the weather.

A new company had to be brought on board to overhaul the IND, they are pros, will be submitted within a few weeks.

Comment

@Jim, does Trump's announcing the right to try lifesaving experimental medical treatment during SOTU 2018 open the door to fasttrack Wise's mononuclear cord blood transpantation treatment to those that need it most?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly1 View Post
                    @Jim, does Trump's announcing the right to try lifesaving experimental medical treatment during SOTU 2018 open the door to fasttrack Wise's mononuclear cord blood transpantation treatment to those that need it most?
                    No, last year Congress passed Expanded Compassionate Use. Since no other treatment is available, this treatment will be available at cost, after the trial patients are operated on.

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                      Has the inclusion criteria for the phase 2b trial with cells for possible spinal cord regeneration been considered to be expanded, because if you get the green light to treat US citizens with C4 injuries... Im most likely there with bells on, that is what I have so anxiously been waiting for... And get this damn syrinx operated on

Whats the word about; when can "I" an American citizen, C456 with a Syrinx approx 14 years post, participate in a cell transplantation trial whether here in the US or abroad if necessary...

Important

Comment

Hello,

I have a question about the patients in the China trial that had higher level injuries. Did all the patients that were unable to move their trunk regain the ability to do so after the procedure/locomotor therapy? My father suffered a c5 spinal cord injury last October and I have been exploring potential new treatments. I apologize if the question has already been answered in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rmarks70 View Post
                          Hello,

I have a question about the patients in the China trial that had higher level injuries. Did all the patients that were unable to move their trunk regain the ability to do so after the procedure/locomotor therapy? My father suffered a c5 spinal cord injury last October and I have been exploring potential new treatments. I apologize if the question has already been answered in the thread.
                          Personally, I don't think that is a bad question at all. It seems to me that most of the current treatments establish minimal communications between the brain and the undamaged part of the spinal column. Then through intensive therapy, they reactivate the Central Pattern Generator in the undamaged spinal column allowing walking and some bowel and bladder functional improvement. I may be completely wrong, but I haven't heard of the treated patients getting improved arm and finger movement, improved breathing (i.e. improved ability to blow and cough using chest muscles), feeling, etc.

But, don't take my word for things. I've pretty much given up. I've been a C5/6 for over 50 years and expect to die this way.

Comment

Thanks Khmorgan,

You may be right as I am just learning about spinal cord injuries. But it seems to me that for someone to be able to walk in a walker or even do locomotor therapy the way it was described in the China study that the patient would need to have control of their trunk muscles.

Comment

so where exactly are we in the process of getting scinetusa up and recruiting ... What exact step are we waiting on and Whats next

Comment

When we get the ok from the FDA (within 90 days) I will post instructions how to apply. You will apply directly to the hospital performing the surgery.

Comment

Working...
                                X