Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you folks be keeping Icord in vancouver in the loop with all of this?

Canadian Sci?

Comment

Originally posted by heavylegs View Post
      Will you folks be keeping Icord in vancouver in the loop with all of this?

Canadian Sci?
      Good point, -why don't Canadians ask ICORD?

http://icord.org/

Comment

Lief Iagree; ask Canada about Icrd; then let the rest of us know.

Comment

Idea for Fundraiser

Jim or whomever,

I bet we could get Shepherd Fairey to do an edition for us. He is the guy that did the Obama campaign sticker the OBEY campaign. this is his website.

http://obeygiant.com/

He is all about fighting back and taking action. i would think our cause would be right up his alley:

1- We are fighting a corporate hypocrisy, as it is more profitable for us to remain seated than standing because of lack of long run profitability.

2-We are trying to pay for our cure ourselves, thanks to funding setbacks from a prior administration and lack of public support/interest.

3-Because every Doctor (give or take a few) insists on you accepting the rest of life in a chair, how you should move on, and do nothing else to try and walk again.

4-We are "the Outsiders" of the medical community.We were forced to the outside of society. We aren't looking for a fight. We are looking for our lives back. (i hope someone gets the pop culture reference, i call ponyboy)

Do you think that would be worth me pursuing? would we be able to sell it on the site? It would get a bunch of hits because he has a ton of followers.

(sorry to rant)

I was also thinking, we could make a sticker .pdf that everyone could print out themselves and we could just stick this stuff all over our towns. i had this idea for sticker: have a picture of a kid in a chair and say something like "Dont ask what happened, ask what you can do.." or something like that, and have the site info. Anyway, i think we could get some more attention. Im shocked that there is never any mention of SCI orgs during College football or NFL. Please let me know what you think.

Happy MLK Day friends
          -Robbie

Comment

Hey Robbie I think you are right in presenting a united front. I suggest we also concentrate on the areas where research and trials are or could happen sooner rather than later.
            we need to focus on these entities and find an approch we can partake in. I'm concentrating on Dr Youngs human trials, The MYELIN Project and others. If there are others that someone wants to add;please do. We have to present a united front and pool together.

Comment

Robbie,

It would be great to have an image that symbolizes our struggle that everyone can get behind. Go for it!
              Let me know if i can help.

Comment

Robbie,

There's full of designers, art people and thinkers in here, we can definately do something.
                Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Jim, we are all with you on this. I'll contribute again and again. Let us know what we can do besides donations of money. Let us know what we can do with donations of our time.

keeping on

Comment

Interesting article on how funds are being spent

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/c...ial/2011-05-05 Go Geron and go California

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
                      Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA): isn't doing the Geron trial. (Not to be confused with the title of this thread).

The Geron trial is not being done by a "network". It is just a multicenter trial. A network is a standing group of centers that agree to work together to test therapies and to carry out multiple trials. While a multicenter clinical trial may involve many centers, it may not be a network.
                      http://www.cirm.ca.gov/ExploreFunding
                      Last edited by GRAMMY; 5 May 2011, 12:13 PM.
                      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

wise young en tant que francais es que il sera possible de participé au essais clinique au usa

salut

Comment

Originally posted by fti View Post
                          wise young en tant que francais es que il sera possible de participé au essais clinique au usa

salut
                          The decision belongs to the investigators of the trials. They will choose the patients based on inclusion and exclusion criteria for the trial. At the present, we have no reason to exclude the patients from Europe. However, the patient must convince the doctor that he or she will be back for the followup studies at 6 weeks, 6 months, and one year after the treatment.

Wise.

Comment

Review and Update of Progress in SCINetUSA

I haven't posted in this topic for the long time. Let me review and then provide the latest information that I have.

In 2006, we had proposed five trials in China:
                            CN100. Observation trial fo 500 subjects.
                            CN101. Phase I trial of lithium in 20 subjects
                            CN102A. Phase II trial of lithium in 40 subjects
                            CN102B. Phase II, escalating UCBMC dose (4, 8, 16 µliters), UCBMC+MP, UCMBC+MP+6w lithium, in Hong Kong and China.
                            CN103. Phase III. UCBMC±Lithium, 400 subjects?[/list]

We completed CN100 in 2008, CN101 in 2009, CN102A IN 2010. We are completing CN102B and hope to initiate CN103 in mid-2013.

In 2010, we proposed to do the following trials in the U.S.
                            US102. Phase II trial of UCBMC+Lithium±Rehab in 20 subjects.
                            US103. Phase III trial: Rehab, Rehab+Ltihium, Rehab+UCBMC, Rehab+UCBMC+lithium, 120 subjects.
                            US104A. Phase II trial of UCMBC+lithium±rehab in 20 young subjects (8-17 years old).
                            US104B. Phase II trial of UCBMC+ltihium±rehab in 20 older subjects (65-80 years old).
                            US104C. Phase II trial of UCBMC+lithium±rehab in 20 subjects with high cervical injuries (C1-C4).

The U.S. trials would only go forward if CN102B shows that UCBMC+lithium is safe and improves function in people with chronic SCI and we get US FDA approval for the trials. Recently, we have preliminary evidence from CN102B indicating that UCBMC±lithium is safe and may be effective. So, we planning to submit the application for clinical trial for US102B and US103 as soon as CN102B data is available. The earliest start date of US102 will be in 2013. Unfortunately, Dr. Charlotte Smith who was our investigator at Brackenridge has left that hospital. So, we are currently considering several options, including not doing US102 or doing US102 in New Jersey instead. We, however, are continuing to plan to initiate US103 in 2013.

Wise.
                            Last edited by Wise Young; 12 Jul 2012, 4:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Dr Young, if this phase II is moved to jersey where would the surgeries be performed?
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                                Unfortunately, Dr. Charlotte Smith who was our investigator at Brackenridge has left that hospital. So, we are currently considering several options, including not doing US102 or doing US102 in New Jersey instead. We, however, are continuing to plan to initiate US103 in 2013.

Wise.
                                Dr Young, does this mean that Brackenridge is out
                                "I'm manic as hell-
                                But I'm goin' strong-
                                Left my meds on the sink again-
                                My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

Working...
                                X