Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patricks View Post
    Good point.
    For many AB, with the sight of a reg wheelchair is one of "They just cant walk, no big deal"
    Finding someone who is willing to be the 'poster' person is not easy - anyone with a high injury volunteering?

It would be good to have this up and running on Monday. We can temporarily use either the graphic or perhaps the wheelie on the hill (still trying to get permission for this). It would be a shame to hold things up. So please if anyone has the skill to do the pile of wheelchairs, or wants to send a photo of themselves, can you do it before Monday???

Thanks.

Comment

Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
      "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
      ====================
      If you stare long enough,
      I may do a Trick....

Comment

Results: The incidence of death in the spinal cord injured, from septicaemia, pneumonia and influenza, diseases of the urinary uystem and suicide, are significantly higher than in the general population. The findings confirm variations in potentially treatable causes of death depending on neurological impairment, attained age and duration since injury. Unlike septicaemia and pneumonia, which have shown a significant reduction since 1980, the death rate for suicide alone has risen.
        Conclusion: This analysis identified complications which affect mortality and morbidity in patients suffering from the effects of SCI.
        Spinal Cord (2000) 38, 604-610.
        1. Some need to fix that.

Comment

Petition will be ready tomorrow (Monday) - if anyone has any other ideas/images, please come forward!

Comment

Originally posted by carbar View Post
            Petition will be ready tomorrow (Monday) !
            That's really, really, really great!!

Comment

The site is live and running

ok, the site is up and running. One hiccup is that the letter does not appear on the same page, but can be opened separately. Have asked for it to be put on same page but it may take a while; so for the moment this is it:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/sig...-cord-research

and here is the Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39523859441

Please start using both and get the signatures flowing!
              Changes can always be made if any of you spot something that could be better. Also anyone who wants to start another Facebook page in a different language is more than welcome to do so as long as the petition site link is there so that all signatures end up in the same place.
              Last edited by carbar; 15 Dec 2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Done!
                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Looks Good

Comment

thanks barbara and all

great job
                    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

It's working! We've only been up a few hours and so far 90 signatures on petition and 52 on Facebook site.
                      TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE PETITION - we have a long way to go.

Comment

good job...

Comment

I am soooooo sorry I cannot figure out how to get the link into myspace...can someone help me out...noting I am pretty much a dummy with the computer and links and such..I tried right clicking and can't seem to copy it from there...went to the petition site and coundn't seem to copy it there...I'm trying! lol

Comment

woohoo...figured it out!

Comment

Spread the word!
                              "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Sign for Spinal Cord Research

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/sig...-cord-research

Comment

Working...
                                X