Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of hope

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1826583.ece

The grieving parents of paralysed rugby player Danny James last night told of their decision to help their beloved son die — at the heartbreakingly young age of 23.
    "His death was an extremely sad loss for his family, friends and all those that cared for him, but no doubt a welcome relief from the prison he felt his body had become and the day-to-day fear and loathing of his existence.”

After only 18 months? At 18 months my co-workers were still expecting me to return to work soon, some I think may still feel that way now.
    please . . .test what you already know; and give us what you have. we may not be dying, but we certainly are not living either

his death was an extremely sad loss for his family, or just relief............
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

WTF? loss of hope? no, loss of MIND.

Ignorant people->stupid decisions.
      -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Comment

Original thread here.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Sad news. Sounds like he was probably a C4-5 injury?

Too bad he gave up so soon.

I'm sure that his parents are heartbroken.

Comment

bad decision when they are talking about clinical trials and all the progress they have made so far..

Comment

I hope not, but maybe their smarter than us?

Comment

Maybe there's more to the story...
                I hope that his story wont be forgotten, and be a constant reminder for people who research in SCI and people who oppose the very same research, what challenges, as survivors, many of us face - everyday.
                My heart goes out to his family.
                "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
                Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

You can't judge that guy or that family. One thing I've learned is that no one can tell someone else what there limits are. whats hell for me or you may be bearable for others and vice versa. i find it annoying when people tell me how i should feel about things...

Comment

Amen to that ^

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

His life, his decision. Why so many harsh feelings?

It reminds me of Ozymandias. Sure he was loved and is missed, but there wasn't anything in this world that was keeping him with us. His mother cried and pleaded with him. He had support from all around, but just didn't want to live in his condition.

At least in the end the rugby player was able to have his parents with him when he died. It's a terrible situation and I hope his loved ones can find peace with his decision.
                      Last edited by doingtimeonmyass; 10-21-2008, 02:32 PM. Reason: changed a couple words

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
                        His life, his decision. Why so many harsh feelings?

It reminds me of Ozymandias. Sure he was loved and is missed, but there wasn't anything in this world that was keeping him with us. His mother cried and pleaded with him. He had support from all around, but just didn't want to live in his condition.

At least in the end the rugby player was able to have his parents with him when he died. It's a terrible situation and I hope his loved ones can find peace with his decision.
                        i guess everyone feels he took the cowardly way out. i am c4-5 post +22 years....not a hour goes by that i dont say #@$%$% sci. thats a lot of #@$%# sci every hour for 22 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DA View Post
                          i guess everyone feels he took the cowardly way out. i am c4-5 post +22 years....not a hour goes by that i dont say #@$%$% sci. thats a lot of #@$%# sci every hour for 22 years.
                          I hear ya.

Comment

So do I, but
                            i guess everyone feels he took the cowardly way out.
                            I don't agree on this.

Comment

Some of you People sure are Something. You may not agree, But NoOne should critize His Descion!! Even Those with Similar Conditions, Because Everyone is Different. Only He Knew what he was Going threw.

His Descion is Very Admirable. Prevention of wear and tear on his family alone is something of a selfless act.
                              Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
                              "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
                              ====================
                              If you stare long enough,
                              I may do a Trick....

Comment

Working...
                              X