Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high level scientific meeting on movement recovery

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • high level scientific meeting on movement recovery

    I am heading off today to a week-long meeting in Vienna.
    http://movement.fesworkshop.org/Default.aspx

    Observers are welcome. So, if there are people who live in Vienna, they can come. It should be very interesting.

    Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 10-04-2008, 08:25 AM.

  • #2
    That looks to be a very interesting meeting of scientific minds. And Vienna is a great city - I visited a couple of times and enjoyed it a lot - stayed in an old hotel where it is said Orson Welles stayed while filming scenes for The Third Man. There is a lovely Opera house there and a friend of mine who is a sculptor made a large Memorial piece for all the Jews killed during WWII. It is the cast of the inside of a library - check it out if you have the time. I'm told it is a very moving piece of work. I think its outside location is somewhere very central in the inner city.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll be there in spirit!

      My rough calculation is that you present from 4:10-5 AM (Pacific ) on Monday morning. I look forward to the possible progress due to the collaboration you all will have.
      Scott.

      Comment


      • #4
        hi carbar,

        are you sure u can't make it

        just read the program, should be good

        Hey Wise tell Dr. Huang hello and give us reports if possible, a lot of oeg stuff

        are any european cc'r going
        http://justadollarplease.org/

        2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

        "You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

        .."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Leo
          hi carbar,

          are you sure u can't make it

          just read the program, should be good

          Hey Wise tell Dr. Huang hello and give us reports if possible, a lot of oeg stuff

          are any european cc'r going

          Hi Leo,
          No chance of going i'm afraid. A bit too late to arrange flight, hotel etc and change schedule here.

          Comment


          • #6
            I can see a foundation from over here by the name “Foundation for Movement Recovery” is the sponsor for the event. Who are they? Haven’t heard a peep about them. Is it some secret underground movement? Besides what is Carlos Lima and a few others doing there, is that ‘high level scientific’ serious?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Leif
              I can see a foundation from over here by the name “Foundation for Movement Recovery” is the sponsor for the event. Who are they? Haven’t heard a peep about them. Is it some secret underground movement? Besides what is Carlos Lima and a few others doing there, is that ‘high level scientific’ serious?
              I agree Leif,

              I was told about this "Sumer School" a while ago, but when I have seen Carlos Lima, Giorgio Brunelli (an italian I don't racomand) etc. are there I started to be sceptical about this event. I hope Prof. Young will ask Caros Lima to stop playing with damaged human spinal cord.

              Paolo
              In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Leif
                I can see a foundation from over here by the name “Foundation for Movement Recovery” is the sponsor for the event. Who are they? Haven’t heard a peep about them. Is it some secret underground movement? Besides what is Carlos Lima and a few others doing there, is that ‘high level scientific’ serious?

                Lima seems to spend so much time on the lecture/talk circuit that it is no wonder he never has time to publish his results. I saw him in France last year, he gave quite a lengthy talk but at the end said he had no time to publish a definitive peer-review paper. Wonder if that is still the case? His talk was not impressive or inspiring.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If oeg procedure worked I SHOULD HAVE SOME IMPROVMENTS AFTER 2 YEARS ...ONLY NEUROPHATIC PAIN AND INCREASED SPASTICITY ....SAD AND TRUE.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by carbar
                    Lima seems to spend so much time on the lecture/talk circuit that it is no wonder he never has time to publish his results. I saw him in France last year, he gave quite a lengthy talk but at the end said he had no time to publish a definitive peer-review paper. Wonder if that is still the case? His talk was not impressive or inspiring.
                    all show , no go
                    A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi to all,

                      On his post about Stem Cell Summit 2008, professirx has recorded the conference and made it available online for all of us.

                      Who can do that at the Vienna conference?

                      I can edit the movies after(or any other technical stuff are necessary) and made them available online.

                      If they are many people which can record the conference is better, but let's share (only if is legal) the recordings to all the members of this forum and world wide.

                      Many thanks to the researchers and all the participants from Vienna meeting.
                      This signature left intentionally blank.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cypresss
                        Hi to all,

                        On his post about Stem Cell Summit 2008, professirx has recorded the conference and made it available online for all of us.

                        Who can do that at the Vienna conference?

                        I can edit the movies after(or any other technical stuff are necessary) and made them available online.

                        If they are many people which can record the conference is better, but let's share (only if is legal) the recordings to all the members of this forum and world wide.

                        Many thanks to the researchers and all the participants from Vienna meeting.
                        Hello Cypress,

                        I have some hope to get a video of the conference, If I do I will make it available ASAP. If it is not lagal I don't care much...

                        Paolo
                        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by paolocipolla
                          Hello Cypress,

                          I have some hope to get a video of the conference, If I do I will make it available ASAP. If it is not lagal I don't care much...

                          Paolo
                          wow....this is great
                          This signature left intentionally blank.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The meeting is really great. I apologize for not being logging in more and giving a detailed update of the meeting. I am taking a lot of notes. Internet is incredibly expensive here and I am loathe to sign up at €12 for 2 hours. So, I am sort of "squirting" onto internet for 30 minutes at €6 for 30 minutes once a day. So, I am typing as fast as I can here.

                            In any case, I missed Lima's talk but saw everything from Monday on. I visited the hospital at Univ. Wien (Vienna) and saw the BMCA system and the T11 transcutaneous stimulation method (which activates reflexes). It was quite impressive. Gathered at this meeting are the world's experts on locomotion. Martin Schwab gave a great talk about the anti-NogoA therapy.

                            It is a practical, translational meeting and there is not a lot of argument whether there are therapies that will work or not. Everybody here believes that there will be therapies but also recognizes that there are many obstacles to getting there and we have to work hard and smart to get there.

                            Wise.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thank you for your posting. It's quite inspiring to realize that you all believe there will be therapies. Obstacles are just challenges. Thanks again, Scott.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X