No announcement yet.

MacSpeech Dictate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are stuck using the windows on the Mac. I am having the same problem with my son and his MacPro. I am waiting weeks for an answer/solution from Apple now. They still have not gotten back to me. They told me I could get my money back, which is what I will do. If I had known the dictate program didn't work like the Dragon I would have never spent all that time/money. It's a bummer! He really wanted the Mac.

Comment

Why not Hands-Free

Originally posted by wonless
      I recently purchased a Mac book Pro, with MacSpeech Dictate. Soon learned I couldn't go hands-free (C4 complete) so I got another version of Dragon and windows XP to use in parallels (32-bit installation). Is there anyway to use Dragon and Safari in conjunction, or am I stuck using XP on a Mac until they get dictate figured out? Thanks.
      Hi,

My father is a recent C2 and is still in rehab. This forum has been a great "lurking" resource.

I've just started using MacSpeech Dictate in order to better help him with it down the road.

I'm wondering why hands-free will not work with macspeech?

We're just starting to work this out, so if I must run windows I will, but I'd rather not.

Thanks for your help.
      David

Comment

Originally posted by ddunlea
        I'm wondering why hands-free will not work with macspeech?
        David
        Hi David:

The software (MacSpeech Dictate) is not Mature. My suggestion is to get a copy of Windows XP Pro SP-2 or Vista Home Premium and use Apple's Bootcamp on the iMac or the MBP. This means you will probably need to purchase DNS 10 Preferred.

Welcome to CareCure and good luck!
        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
        ––Paul Nussbaum
        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

You can also lurk on eBay (how I did it) to find Dragon 9 or 10 pretty reasonable (I found it under 40 bucks).

Comment

A new software release has come out for MacSpeech Dictate. I have downloaded the update and it seems a little more accurate, but I am not able to get all of the Global Commands to work. I need to spend some more time with this new update.

Email:
            MacSpeech Dictate... you know it’s the world’s premier speech recognition solution for the Macintosh. After all, you just think it, speak it, and create it. It’s that easy... that intuitive... that natural.

And now the best becomes even better—FOR FREE. With the new MacSpeech Dictate 1.2 update, you’ll enjoy an array of exciting features and enhancements that makes using your Mac even more intuitive and natural—all with your voice. Here’s a peek at a few of the goodies waiting for you with the free MacSpeech Dictate 1.2 update – be sure to download your copy today:

Even Greater Accuracy
            MacSpeech Dictate 1.2 boasts robust phrase training capabilities that actually learns as it goes based on your voice input. With this amazing capability, MacSpeech Dictate provides even greater accuracy and more fully integrates into your Macintosh computing experience.

Spelling A World Of Words
            An exceptional spelling mode makes its debut in MacSpeech Dictate 1.2. Now you can easily spell words, names, and acronyms in MacSpeech Dictate 1.2 simply by using either natural language or the International Radio Alphabet. Either way, MacSpeech Dictate 1.2 ensures you have complete control over every aspect of your speech recognition input.

Make Your Move
            You don’t need a keyboard or mouse to move around in your documents... just your voice. Once you’ve experienced the creative flexibility the new Move command provides, we’re sure it’ll become your preferred editing method. Move your cursor forwards, backwards, and much more; it’s easy to do, and MacSpeech Dictate 1.2 is only too happy to oblige.

And MacSpeech Dictate 1.2 boasts a more intuitive interface; windows, buttons, the way you interact with MacSpeech Dictate, are all cleaner and more attractive. This adds to the seamless, intuitive experience MacSpeech Dictate provides.
            MacSpeech Forums and Discussions.
            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
            --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

MacSpeech Dictate Version 1.2 Quick Look At Whats New

--General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey Chaz,

Thanks for your review of the mac dictate.

I'm a mac user (at home) and a pc user (at work) and need to get speech recognition software. (I have Transverse Myelitis (C3-T4)). My difficulties with using my computer are tremors, spasms, weakness, pain, and intermittent speech/cognition problems.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
                Melanie

Comment

hi Melanie, the software works works well??? if you are in a quiet environment and have one of their "MacSpeech certified microphones".

I have spasms, weakness, and pain as well and the software is so so. I find that I often have to create new profiles every few weeks. It is my hypothesis that a lot of the background noise from a nearby street, barking dogs, ambient music contributes to its recognition inaccuracy. Also, I have to use a lot of borderline medical terms for graduate work in psychology, so I'm having to import more documents than the common vocabulary.

Thoughts on the new version:
                  -- it has a correction menu, which I find works *only* when I click the icon for it.
                  -- you need to be able to use your hands or some part of a hand or instrument to correct many of its mistakes
                  -- it's nowhere near Dragon 10
                  -- editing from voice can be tedious
                  -- it likes to do random things with text
                  -- definitely some random bugs
                  -- and on....
                  if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me.

Comment

I have used both Dragon and Macspeech. The difference is astounding. Correcting and editing in Dictate are neary impossible. In Dragon correction and editing work very well. I keep a PC just for using Dragon. I am a writer. I also have a rare brain disease that has rendered me a hemiplegic. I have little use of my left hand. My typing days are finished.
                    Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead

Comment

Working...
                    X