Video games/gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video games/gaming.

I thought it might be nice to have a thread to talk about video games (like ones you buy on a disc ).

Could people state their platform when talking about games? I sometimes get excited about a game, then learn it's for a platform I don't have.

So, I have a PlayStation2. That's my only machine. Me and the bf "inherited" it from my bf's dad. Before getting this machine (and some games), I had never played before.

I bought a few games from ebay recently. One of them was God Of War 2.
    I squealed when I saw the graphics for myself (I get really excited about stuff like this, lol). Haven't played much, but it's looking fantastic. Only played on easy setting too, as I'm not that great at gaming (I still enjoy the experience).
    Anyone else got this game?

Just my computor.

I play Never Winter Nights 2, only online though

Comment

I love RPGs. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is an amazing game.

Comment

I (my kids ) have a playstation 2 also. i don't play much but I tend to play the old stuff from when I was a kid. I'm boring sorry. We have taito legend and I love bubble bobble. Anyone remember Bubble Bobble??? From the 80s. My son plays Star Wars and Socom and some other shooting games.
        If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Oh, by the way, K, Oblivion is presently available on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français
            Oh, by the way, K, Oblivion is presently available on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.
            Lol, I was just about to look for it on YouTube when I saw this (no PS2 *sniff!*)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isl_7w4_6E4

Todd, from the trailer, I couldn't really tell if there was a lot of environment to explore - is it mainly battles?
            I do like killing beasts, but I also love having a lot of a "world" to move around in, and I like interacting with stuff too (like in the Tomb Raider games, if you're familiar with them).

Comment

Originally posted by Patonb
              Just my computor.

I play Never Winter Nights 2, only online though
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWwgejJrahQ

Hmm, again this trailer didn't seem to show much except fighting. Nice-looking game, though.
              I've got this thing about not playing stuff on my computer. I dunno why.

Addiesue, I don't know Bubble Bobble, but I've got Socom on a playable demo disc. Going to look at it tomorrow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvkYPuqd_U
              Last edited by keps; 08-18-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

bubble bobble is one of my favorite games! i need to go dig it up.
                c5/6 complete

wait, what?

Comment

Keps...... thats just the openning of the game.

I play online in a progressve story world, where it's quest based more than chop chop type.

The world is realy neat, with huge maps and you can solo or party to do stuff.

NWN2 though uses alot of power, so you need a good comp.

Comment

I love RPGs. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is an amazing game.
                    Sounds like Lord of the Rings or its ilk, is it?
                    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Are you kidding me, K? There's a massive world to explore in Oblivion and there are at least 6 towns (each with their own style) in which you can buy property and and talk to the different people and explore their cultures.

It's a great game. I loved it. And they also just released an expansion pack for Oblivion in late March. It's worth getting the expansion also. I personally enjoyed the plot in the expansion pack much more so than Oblivion's original storyline.

No, Oblivion isn't an online RPG like The Lord of the Rings RPG nor is the story similiar to the book by Tolkien.

Comment

The graphics won't be as pretty as PS2 games, but Chrono Trigger is a classic with lots of room to explore; there's a PS1 version available.

Chrono Cross is also a good title from the PS1.
                        ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Are you kidding me, K? There's a massive world to explore in Oblivion and there are at least 6 towns (each with their own style) in which you can buy property and and talk to the different people and explore their cultures.

It's a great game. I loved it. And they also just released an expansion pack for Oblivion in late March. It's worth getting the expansion also. I personally enjoyed the plot in the expansion pack much more so than Oblivion's original storyline.
                          Oh, I was only going on what that short trailer I posted showed. I've since seen a video that someone made showing themselves playing, and I can now see there is a lot more to the game. But those arms waving about at the bottom of the screen is a new thing for me.

@ Addiesue - so I tried the Socom demo today...ah, I wasn't immediately impressed.

@ Steven - aw, poorer graphics than ps2 would put me off, I reckon (ooh, get me!) We actually got a ps1 machine and some games from my bf's dad...but we sold them on ebay without investigating. Oops.
                          I see there's plenty of devotion on YouTube for the Chrono games...even people who've filmed themselves playing the music.

Comment

I have nwn2, but nwn1 was the shizzknit..... I'm into pvp (player vs player). I'm with le type and patonb about rpg's or mmorpgs. Anything like nwn, elder scroll, wow, might and magic on a pc i like. I'm a D&D quad nerd though.
                            There's
                            No
                            Place

Comment

Originally posted by Patonb
                              Keps...... thats just the openning of the game.

I play online in a progressve story world, where it's quest based more than chop chop type.

The world is realy neat, with huge maps and you can solo or party to do stuff.

NWN2 though uses alot of power, so you need a good comp.
                              How easy is it to play with quad hands? I've still not found a game that holds my interest since SCI
                              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Working...
                              X