No announcement yet.

Video games/gaming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chess - my bf went "oh yeah!" when I told him your suggestion. So thanks again.

cspanos - sorry, I didn't explain well - I tried MGS2 in my PS2 machine, not the PS3. As it happens, I had been pressing the wrong button to select (it required circle instead of the usual x).
    I knew the 40 gb machines weren't PS2 compatible, so I haven't dared try.

Guys another question - sorry! What's this about regions and PS3? I thought I'd read that PS3 isn't bound by region coding discs, but my PS3 discs say region 2 on them.
    Have I dreamt reading about PS3 being region free?

Comment

sony published games are suppose to be region free, but they cant make other publishers do region coding. Also, the ps3 isn't region free unless you have an HD TV, so a ps3 from the States wont work on some tv's in the U.K. Kinda goofy, huh?
      There's
      No
      Place

Comment

Wow Chess, you really know your stuff.
        I do have an HDTV, so that wouldn't be a problem.
        I have 3 games for PS3, and all say Region 2...they must not be Sony published, then?

Are potential problems caused by PAL and NTSC differences? I know in the UK, Australia and NZ PAL is used, and in the States NTSC, but I have no idea what they are.

Comment

i love my psp slim. I bought a 8 gig memory card and i use it as my music player, movie player, it hooks up to hdtvs, . now with a ps3 yo can transfer any ps1 game on to itsmemory card. Also with both n the eye toy . it works like home serveilence. PLUS THE NEW GO OF WAR PREQ. on psp ROCKS!
          Ive also been through 5 xbox360snow. BECAUSE THEY KEEP BREAKING!!Microsoft sucks.
          Has it been five years yet? ..........

Comment

it also now has skype and a pretty awesome web browser.
            Has it been five years yet? ..........

Comment

Originally posted by barondidit
              i love my psp slim. I bought a 8 gig memory card and i use it as my music player, movie player, it hooks up to hdtvs, . now with a ps3 yo can transfer any ps1 game on to itsmemory card. Also with both n the eye toy . it works like home serveilence. PLUS THE NEW GO OF WAR PREQ. on psp ROCKS!
              Ive also been through 5 xbox360snow. BECAUSE THEY KEEP BREAKING!!Microsoft sucks.
              I really want a PSP. I was looking at some on ebay, and on the specifications, it said 2.5 hours battery time?! That seems quite short.

I understand you can hook up the PSP to PS3 - sounds interesting.

I'm currently playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on PS3. I'm addicted! Todd was right *see early posts in this thread*
              Only thing is, I have the ordinary edition, not the Game Of The Year one, so I don't have the Shivering Isles. I keep hoping I'll hear something about it being released seperately for PS3...but I'm still waiting.

Comment

My character in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -
                Sexxay armour.

Comment

I've been playing the new Grand Theft Auto a lot lately. Pretty controversial, but a lot of fun
                  Disabled Sports USA
                  Wound Care Products

Comment

Originally posted by keps
                    My character in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -
                    Sexxay armour.
                    Whoo hoo! I loved that game.

Comment

i want to play that neverwinter nights 2, command and conquer 3 on my macbook..my mates keep making fun of my facination in playing these strategy and rpg's lol..heres the specs of my 250gb macbook:

Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
                      Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
                      Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
                      Number Of Processors: 1
                      Total Number Of Cores: 2
                      L2 Cache: 3 MB
                      Memory: 4 GB
                      Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
                      Type: Display
                      Bus: Built-In
                      VRAM (Total): 144 MB
                      Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
                      Device ID: 0x2a02
                      Revision ID: 0x0003
                      Displays:
                      Color LCD:
                      Display Type: LCD
                      Resolution: 1280 x 800
                      Depth: 32-bit Color
                      Built-In: Yes
                      Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
                      Main Display: Yes
                      Mirror: Off
                      Online: Yes
                      Quartz Extreme: Supported
                      Display Connector:
                      The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Comment

@ Jackmcmanus21 - I want GTA: IV bad! I read that the game world is massive, which really appeals to me.

@ Todd - I know, I remember! I would love to hear your stats (if you can remember them), and what race, birthsign and class you played as. Did you do all the quest lines?
                        I'm a Redguard female, birthsign The Mage, class is Battlemage. I'm level 40 right now.

Comment

I cannot wait for Fallout 3. Another one from Bethesda, and it looks fantastic.

Official site:
                          http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php

Comment

Love the avatar keps, fall out 1 and 2 were amazing and I can't wait till fallout3.

I never play single player games (always multiplayer) but this is one of the single player games I'll actually play.
                            Injured:10-16-04
                            C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
                            Blog:
                            http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
                            Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
                            Progress:
                            http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
                            My drawings:
                            http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

I just upgraded my PC cause I want to start playing Eve Online, and in anticipation of Starcraft 2. More RAM, new video card (EVGA GTS 8800).

But the friggin thing crapped the bed. I put the old video card back in, put the old RAM back in and tried to start it up but no go. Therefore I think my motherboard is fried.

I only took a brief look on Newegg, but I couldn't find any motherboards with 184-pin RAM slots.

Comment

GTA 4 is taking over my life. Four of my colleagues have it too. It apparently irks the girls in my office when we have daily conversations about it because they only realise the cars, restaurants and places to visit aren't real when we begin to talk about beating gangsters to death and escaping in a Banshee riddled with shotgun holes.

It is a work of genius.
                                C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Working...
                                X