Best torrent searchers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best torrent searchers?

i like pirate bay and torrenetspy...anyone knoe of other good ones....ie....few fakes, trojans etc. reviews. Thanks for the help
    Just tryin to kill Hollywood
    B
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Originally posted by barondidit
    i like pirate bay and torrenetspy...anyone knoe of other good ones....ie....few fakes, trojans etc. reviews. Thanks for the help
    Just tryin to kill Hollywood
    B

I use http://www.mininova.org/ and piratebay, I prefer the last one because it has Norwegian or Swedish subtitles but I don't think you care for subtitles
    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I get the impression you do not like copyright protection. If you end up using Vista, try slysoft before it becomes an endangered species.

Good luck trying to put Hollywood out of business!
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
      --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
      ––Paul Nussbaum
      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

I like Bitlord.... I used uTorrent till i heard they are no longer open source.
        There's
        No
        Place

Comment

torrentspy

Comment

http://torrentscan.com/
            Teyrn

Comment

The best one that I have found http://www.torrent-finder.com/ will search around 40 different torrent sites at the same time. They also have a plug-in for Firefox, which is awesome! It will open up a new tab which will have about 10 different torrent sites at the top that you can click to load different sites that has same search. If one side doesn't have it, just click on another site and just keep going until you find it.
              Cripp
              C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

Filelist.org is the best one I have found for TV and Movies. I get like 750K downloads there.

Comment

Torrent Finder plugin for Firefox

Hey I just found this plugin while I was designing a program to automatically download TV eps. It searches TONS of sites including the ones with logins. The only catch is that your login and password have to be the same for all the sites.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2755

Comment

I like Mininova. Look for releases by Axxo. The best quality and safe.

Comment

This this what I find by far the best, Frostwire and Limewire. Also be sure and do what Extrmmxer commented about axxo it is the safest and best quality. Plus its good to know movies should be at least 700MBs.

Comment

Be warey of those cinci... they're the #1 providers of virus's.

Comment

Originally posted by Extrmmxer
                          I like Mininova. Look for releases by Axxo. The best quality and safe.
                          I agree with you. Axxo always have nice quality and nice swedish subtitles on piratebay
                          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Sorry Crppled007

Hah sorry about that. I straight up said the same thing you did.

Comment

For the mac, the best torrent program that I have used is Transmission 0.72. This an Open Source, multi-operating system (Mac OS X, Linux, Free BSD, BeOS) program. http://transmission.m0k.org/download.php

In January 2007, some torrents sites banned Transmission because of some flaw in its stats that the program is reporting to torrent sites (Source). The way that torrents programs work, they report how much they are uploading versus downloading and this gives the user priority on getting more of the bandwidth. But apparently, the Transmissions program reports absurdly high upload and download totals to torrent web sites, maybe one of the reason why it works so well but why many torrents sites have now banned it.

In April 18, 2007, Transmission 0.70 fixed the stats reporting problems. On April 23, version 0.71 was released. Finally, the current version 0.72 was released on April 30, 2007. This solved many of the problems and I believe that most of the torrents sites now once again accept Transmission.

I really had no experience at all with Torrent until I installed Transmission about 6 months ago. It gives absolutely rock solid performance. Over several months, I downloaded close to 20 Gb of files from internet, mostly recordings of old Jerry Garcia and David Grisman concerts that people have placed onto the internet. It is truly amazing. It keeps loading whenever your computer is on and connected to internet, and uploading to other people what is already on your computer. It is completely transparent and has perceivable no "hit" on the computer performance at all. All that I know is that it works.

By the way, one of my favorite sites is btjunkie.org which is simple and has a huge collection.

Wise.
                              Last edited by Wise Young; 24 May 2007, 6:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X