Advise for dragon naturally speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise for dragon naturally speaking

Hello I am C4-5 and I can use my PC only by my head (speaking ).
    I m looking for the best program to control my PC by my own like write,open my internet explorer,open my outlook express etc.

Do you wear glasses? My freind is a C4-5 and uses a head mouse for everything, including typing.

Comment

I am a C4/5 quad and use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 7.0 on my computer mostly for email filling out online forms and such. I started to train it for browsing the Internet but found it easier just to use my mouse. The program can be trained though to verbally browse the Internet among other things.
      Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Comment

Lots of different technology out there for using a computer and navigating the Internet. I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.0 Pro. Vista requires DNS 9.5 to work with its OS. For Windows XP I would recommend DNS 9 or DNS 8. Stay away from Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard Edition.
        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
        ––Paul Nussbaum
        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

xxxxx
          Last edited by orangejello; 7 Apr 2007, 8:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PN
            Lots of different technology out there for using a computer and navigating the Internet. I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.0 Pro. Vista requires DNS 9.5 to work with its OS. For Windows XP I would recommend DNS 9 or DNS 8. Stay away from Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard Edition.
            Will DNS 8 Preferred - work OK with XP ?
            Bob B
            SCI - Parent

Comment

Originally posted by nide44
              Will DNS 8 Preferred - work OK with XP ?
              Yes it will.
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
              --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

9.5??? is that considered a patch or is it a whole new bundle??? vocational rehab just bought me a brand-new laptop for school and I'm having a hell of a time with it because I can't use my 9.0 with Vista.
                "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

hello
                  can i combine head mouse and dragon naturally speaking?

Comment

Originally posted by jbinny
                    9.5??? is that considered a patch or is it a whole new bundle??? vocational rehab just bought me a brand-new laptop for school and I'm having a hell of a time with it because I can't use my 9.0 with Vista.
                    Hello jbinny,

You will need to head over to Nuance for the DNS Preferred 9.5 update for Windows Vista.
                    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by petros5a
                      hello
                      can i combine head mouse and dragon naturally speaking?
                      Although I don't foresee any compatibility issues, if your voice output is strong enough to use DNS, a head mouse will probably be unecessary since you can use either MouseGrid or DNS mouse commands to control the cursor more easily than with a head mouse. I do not contemplate getting a head mouse for the veterans I work with unless they are on a ventilator and can not reliably use their voice.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinny
                        If you already have 9.0, I don't think there is a charge for 9.5 for Vista
                        if you go to Nuance and are a registered owner.
                        Bob B
                        SCI - Parent

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR
                          Although I don't foresee any compatibility issues, if your voice output is strong enough to use DNS, a head mouse will probably be unecessary since you can use either MouseGrid or DNS mouse commands to control the cursor more easily than with a head mouse. I do not contemplate getting a head mouse for the veterans I work with unless they are on a ventilator and can not reliably use their voice.
                          I have to respectfully disagree with you. I used MouseGrid and mouse commands for about a year before I was able to use a mouse. The DNS commands are a lot slower than using some kind of pointing device. I don't see any reason that a head mouse would not be compatible with DNS. I'm not sure how a head mouse would implement a mouse click, but you could just use the mouseclick or mouse double-click command in DNS.

Comment

Originally posted by nide44
                            If you already have 9.0, I don't think there is a charge for 9.5 for Vista
                            if you go to Nuance and are a registered owner.
                            Bob, you are correct! However, Nuance will provide you with a new CD for $9.95. I would recommend reading the thread in the Voice Recognition Forum and the KnowBrainer Forum for more information on the DNS 9.5 update.
                            --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm a C4-5 quad and I use this...

Originally posted by petros5a
                              Hello I am C4-5 and I can use my PC only by my head (speaking ).
                              I m looking for the best program to control my PC by my own like write,open my internet explorer,open my outlook express etc.

I use a mouth stick and Kensinton trackball. Use the mouthsick to move the ball and mouse clicks.

James
                              Injury date 6/10/87
                              Gunshot
                              C4/5 Quad

Comment

Working...
                              X