Advise for dragon naturally speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian S -
    I have no problem with MouseGrid speed. Fast as I say "MouseGrid 321" for example, the pointer is there. Background noise interferes of course and CPU + page file usage and all that too.

I do have a problem with DNS 9 professional shutting down Outlook Express when I try using HTML, inserting images, etc.. Anybody else? SCI-OTR, Steve?
    Thanks In Advance.

Matt
    get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by quadvet

I do have a problem with DNS 9 professional shutting down Outlook Express when I try using HTML, inserting images, etc.. Anybody else? SCI-OTR, Steve?
      Thanks In Advance.

Matt
      I was getting this problem with DNS 9 Pro too whenever I used the insert menu on Outlook Express. I could not find a fix anywhere, or at least not one that would work. I solved the problem by installing the full version of Outlook and using that if something needed to be inserted. It doesn't work one hundred percent of the time and will still occasionally crash but not as frequently as Outlook Express.

Comment

I am having a problem with Dragon 8. Whenever I use the open shortcuts demand, `I'm trying to open up Internet Explorer or any other shortcuts in my start menu or desktop except for like any of the Windows Explorer, my documents, my pictures, etc. etc. but any other link it will not open . It gives me a cannot execute application
        anybody else ever had this problem?
        Cripp
        C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

Dragon naturally speaking 9.5

Originally posted by PN
          Hello jbinny,

You will need to head over to Nuance for the DNS Preferred 9.5 update for Windows Vista.
          I use Dragon naturally speaking 9.0/9.5 (upgrade), I have a lot of trouble with it since I have upgraded from 8.0. Do you know if anybody else is having trouble with their 9.0/9.5? E.g. poor voice recognition, will not select some menus, etc. etc.

Comment

OJ, a very belated thank you!

Originally posted by quadvet
            I do have a problem with DNS 9 professional shutting down Outlook Express when I try using HTML, inserting images, etc.. Anybody else?
            Thanks In Advance.
            Matt
            Originally posted by orangejello
            I was getting this problem with DNS 9 Pro too whenever I used the insert menu on Outlook Express. I could not find a fix anywhere, or at least not one that would work. I solved the problem by installing the full version of Outlook and using that if something needed to be inserted. It doesn't work one hundred percent of the time and will still occasionally crash but not as frequently as Outlook Express.
            OJ, not sure how I missed this, I don't remember getting an e-mail notice. Anyway, thanks, I reckon it's time I install the full version of Outlook. A very belated thank you, hurry back and get it.
            Matt
            get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Can I use Naturally Speaking with an i-Mac?

Comment

People are using Apples Boot Camp with Dragon NaturallySpeaking and I am not aware of any issues/problems.
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                ––Paul Nussbaum
                usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

As far as SURFING the internet, OPERA, a free browser www.opera.com works with voice commands. It will even read to you, checkout the help and directions...
                  http://help.opera.com/Windows/9.23/en/voice.html
                  http://www.opera.com/support/tutoria.../custom/#intro

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Originally posted by PN
                    Lots of different technology out there for using a computer and navigating the Internet. I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.0 Pro. Vista requires DNS 9.5 to work with its OS. For Windows XP I would recommend DNS 9 or DNS 8. Stay away from Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard Edition.
                    I'm looking to buy a new laptop with Vista, would Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8 work okay with Vista?
                    A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Comment

Windows Vista only works with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.5. Vista has speech recognition and right now it is about equal to DNS Standard Edition.
                      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                      --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PN
                        Windows Vista only works with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.5. Vista has speech recognition and right now it is about equal to DNS Standard Edition.
                        PN,

does the Dragon Standard Edition work quite well with Vista? Is there any one in particular that you would suggest? Thanks.
                        A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Comment

The word on the street is that Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard Edition works about as well as Vista SR (speech recognition). You do not need to spend $100 for DNS Standard Edition. I would recommend Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 9.5 or Professional for Windows Vista.
                          --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

PN,

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Right now I'm just looking around for the right laptop to fit my needs. I have just found one that has the Windows XP Media Center Addition 2005, would Dragon NaturallySpeaking 7.0-8.0 work okay with this type of Windows?

Thanks again,

Rick.

Comment

yes that version of dragon will work on MCE
                              Cripp
                              C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

I have windows XP. I use NaturallySpeaking 8.0 professional. I am thinking about getting 10.0 standard or preferred. I've read that 8.0 has a 70% accuracy rate, and 10.0 has a 95% accuracy rate. All I have seen mentioned on these posts is 9.5. Can someone please give me some assistance?

Comment

Working...
                                X