No announcement yet.

my pc is acting weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I need to figure out how to keep the pc cool with the side on, any ideas?

Comment

Clean it?

There are a varity of methods to do this... slot/case fans mainly though. Also check your other fan are properly running.

Comment

Originally posted by Patonb
        Clean it?

There are a varity of methods to do this... slot/case fans mainly though. Also check your other fan are properly running.
        its clean. with case cover off, the temp is 42C. I need to figure something out.

Comment

What you might need are bay fans like these:
          http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=805&Nav=|c:494|&Sort=3&Recs =10

Basically, need the airflow increased.

Comment

What brand and model case is that thing built into? And what are you getting that temp reading from, the CPU die or some thermister in the MB? Need details, preferably the more the better.

Comment

What you might need are bay fans like these:
              http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=805&Nav=|c:494|&Sort=3&Recs =10

Basically, need the airflow increased.
              those bay fans are a lot cheaper than the liquid pc coolers i researching.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                What brand and model case is that thing built into? And what are you getting that temp reading from, the CPU die or some thermister in the MB? Need details, preferably the more the better.
                its just a regular home built case.

i dl a program to check temps. it gives several temp readings, however i go by the main temp reading showing on the task bar. When running a game the temp jumps 4-6 C higher than idle.

Comment

Originally posted by DA
                  its just a regular home built case.

i dl a program to check temps. it gives several temp readings, however i go by the main temp reading showing on the task bar. When running a game the temp jumps 4-6 C higher than idle.

Thats not bad... But whats your starting Temp?

Comment

Some piece of equipment somewhere in my house is making a non-specific noise...can you tell me what it is? .....

Never mind.

DA, download and run this (I think you have a C2D if I remember right, if you have a quad core this wont be accurate as quad uses a different Tjunction temp) If you have a quad core let me know and I'll link you something better.

Then download and run this. Let that run for a few minutes and tell us the temps you are seeing in the first program.

This will see how good or bad you cooling is.

Comment

Some piece of equipment somewhere in my house is making a non-specific noise...can you tell me what it is? .....

Never mind.

DA, download and run this (I think you have a C2D if I remember right, if you have a quad core this wont be accurate as quad uses a different Tjunction temp) If you have a quad core let me know and I'll link you something better.

Then download and run this. Let that run for a few minutes and tell us the temps you are seeing in the first program.

no, i have a dual core. should i still try it?
                      4 gigs of memory...xp only see 3.2 gigs.

Comment

Thats not bad... But whats your starting Temp?
                        start up from cold to idle 39C

Comment

XP only seeing 3.2 gig is normal. Dual core...you are good to go. Post a screenshot if you can

Comment

Never mind.

invalid processor....I got an AMD.

Comment

AMD? Wow. Why not a Core 2 Duo when you were getting those SLI 8800 GTX's?

Comment

Working...
                              X