No announcement yet.

A little preview of the Super Lazy Man Special computer system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff Andy and good luck. You might want to post a bullet item component list when you are done? Would have been great.

Wonder why all the cats are so computer interested tough, this one might be eating my new upcoming “pat. pending super insulating processor Easter egg chicken wing feather computer coolant system”

Comment

I know you know what you're doing and all but on the fans you are making sure that one side sucks air in while the other side blows it out. If you have them all bring air in or taking air out you end up with no air flow inside the box which allows temps to rise quite high.
      Nice box Andy.
      Teyrn

Comment

Originally posted by teyrn
        I know you know what you're doing and all but on the fans you are making sure that one side sucks air in while the other side blows it out. If you have them all bring air in or taking air out you end up with no air flow inside the box which allows temps to rise quite high.
        Nice box Andy.
        LOL, all the fans are blowing out, I'm operating on the 'vacuum of space' theory of thermodynamics...its cold in space, right?

Yeah, they are directional front to back and up for the top fan. I kind of wish this case had space for a 2nd front fan, as it is sucks through the vents above the expansion slots, which necessitated getting that slot blower to keep the video card exhaust from recirculating through the case. Sure is quiet, nothing like a 1GHz overclock and one of the hottest gfx cards out there on full bore stress testing programs and it doesnt sound like a jet engine like my old XPS did. About 3X the computer that thing was too, I like it.

Comment

nice you are doing it without water too.
          Teyrn

Comment

Originally posted by teyrn
            nice you are doing it without water too.
            It gets better, up to 3.6GHz tonight (been a messin' with the volts). Looks like the chipset was the bogie. Stock is 1.5 volt, previously I tried 1.55 volt with no luck, tonight I'm on 1.6 volt and got a whole new realm of stability. Roasting this machine with Orthos right now, CPU volts needed to be upped to 1.3875 from stock 1.325, +.05V on the FSB also it seems needed, at this point of dialing this thing in it looks like I will be getting to my goal of 3.6GHz and staying there. Had to crank up the cooler fan to 1500 rpm (waaaahhh) as coretemp is at 71C (hot), but its like 82 degrees in the room now with the heat cycling (I like it warm, screw the computer, lol). I like this machine, cant wait to see what the 3d06 score looks like at 3.6, then to see if it will be Othos stable overnight

Comment

The way you talk you sound just like the guy looks in your avatar
              Teyrn

Comment

Working...
              X