Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broknwing
    Paul-
    Thank you so much for the links. I'll read up on them in a few. I think it was Darkeyed_Daisy that had a specific budget stated...wheras we don't want to go crazy spending a TON of money, our objective is to get the best tv for the most reasonable price....afterall, we were gonna kidnap dad to MI for the entire race weekend....he chose the tv over the trip...We are MAJOR fans of COSTCO, and "executive" members, LOVE LOVE LOVE their rebate program so whatever we purchase if they sell it would probably come from them anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Yep it was me.....but Im not wanting a plasma either. I think Ive decided to go with LCD. Im just going to go check some out this weekend.......I am still not getting the pixel thing but hopefully if I look at the TV's I will understand better.
    Last edited by darkeyed_daisy; 13 Jun 2006, 8:44 PM.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Chelle, you may want to go back to UltimateAV and look at the article on the Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" Plasma and then read the customer reviews on Amazon for the Panasonic TH-42PX50U 42" Flat-Panel Plasma.
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
      --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
      ––Paul Nussbaum
      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you so much again Paul...from the reviews it looks like we're gonna steer away from that Phillips that we liked so much before. That Panasonic is looking promising....Dad measured the wall tonight and he can fit a 50" quite nicely, looks like the 50" Panasonic is rated pretty high too We've def got some looking/shopping/reading to do this week before the race so we can get his TV and get it hooked up for him
        'Chelle
        L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Chelle, I think you are making a good decision (it would be my choice) by going with the Panasonic TH-50PX50U 50" Plasma TV.

Good luck and please post some pictures when you have everything hooked up!
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
          ––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PN
            Chelle, you may want to go back to UltimateAV and look at the article on the Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" Plasma and then read the customer reviews on Amazon for the Panasonic TH-42PX50U 42" Flat-Panel Plasma.
            I own the Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK, very pleased using it as a computer monitor and with HD cablebox & DVD player.

Also, lots of good info here:

http://www.avsforum.com/
            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Working...
            X