getting image off MRI CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting image off MRI CD?

I got a copy of my most recent MRI on CD. It's a Windows CD, so I have to boot to my rarely used (except to update antivirus and antispyware utilities) Win98SE partition to view it. Is there a way to copy individual images from the scans to disk, so they can be e-mail-attached or posted on forums?

Thanks,
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

yes they are usually in dicom format. Just use teh default dcom viewer on the disk to see them sort through them. If you find one you want zoom to the desired resolution of your choice hit the output to bmp or jpg. If that option isn't available when viewing the picture hit the print screen button on your keyboard once. AFter hitting the print screen button note that nothing visually tells you something happened. Then open paint program in windows. Then go to edit paste. There you should see your image. You can crop it resave it as a jpg image then your done.

Comment

Yes I receive mine on CDs as well. I cannot view it on my laptop. I could have seen every x-ray they took while at the hospital. Especially wondering about my right knee. Not the same as it was prior to the accident. I ended up having liquid in my knee or something like that.

Comment

I haven't gotten it to work. I see no way to output to bmp or jpg, and hitting print screen and opening paint also got me nowhere. I'd like to post my lovely hole - it's masterpiece.
        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

open mri program / file/ export as images, save as jpegs
          survivor of beijing oeg transplant

Comment

Working...
          X