Computer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Problem

What does it mean when you are scrolling up and down a web page and it gets all blurry. The screen gets all smeared or something. Looks like a poor ink job on a printed paper. Any suggestions. Thanks all

your monitor may be stuffed.
    survivor of beijing oeg transplant

Comment

It means you need to pray harder. What does the bible say about faulty monitors?

Comment

Originally posted by brocko
        It means you need to pray harder. What does the bible say about faulty monitors?

What was up with that statement?

Comment

If it only happens every now & then, it is usually because you started scrolling the page before it finished loading. I have noticed it happening on CC since the latest s/w changes.
          "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

sounds to me like you have a pc full of spyware eating up your memory.

Comment

Hey Art,
              Originally posted by Jr.
              What does it mean when you are scrolling up and down a web page and it gets all blurry. The screen gets all smeared or something. Looks like a poor ink job on a printed paper. Any suggestions. Thanks all
              ...tough question without some more info.
              • How much RAM in your PC
              • What is you CPU speed
              • Graphics card or on-board

I would suggest getting a copy of Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit and giving us some of the details listed.
              Do Not give us any private information i.e. Software and serial numbers that will also be listed after you run the program
              Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Comment

Philquad36

Originally posted by philquad36
                your monitor may be stuffed.
                What is the basis for your reasoning, I am interested in your help.

Comment

McDuff

Originally posted by McDuff
                  If it only happens every now & then, it is usually because you started scrolling the page before it finished loading. I have noticed it happening on CC since the latest s/w changes.
                  It happens every now & then but its not that kind that your talking about when the page is still loading and your already trying to scroll. Its happens only on the internet and on other web sites to. Its more like a whole smear all over the page and the only way to get out of it is to reload the page. Any other suggestions. {533MHZ celeron processo} {128MB Ram} 80 % free hard disk space. What is {128kb L2 Cache} and it also has

Comment

Da

Originally posted by DA
                    Which memory:

Comment

Originally posted by LaoziSailor
                      Hey Art,...tough question without some more info.
                      • How much RAM in your PC
                      • What is you CPU speed
                      • Graphics card or on-board
                      I would suggest getting a copy of Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit and giving us some of the details listed.
                      Do Not give us any private information i.e. Software and serial numbers that will also be listed after you run the program
                      128Mb Ram
                      CPU 533MHZ
                      3D AGP Graphics 4MB video
                      56k modem
                      I know that i bought the least expesive Emachine at frys electronics back in 2001.

Any suggestions

Comment

Jr. you are using Windows Millennium Edition?
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                        ––Paul Nussbaum
                        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

just switch to MozillaFirefox and see if that takes care of it.

download it here --> http://www.mozilla.org/

Comment

Originally posted by DA
                            Try downloading Microsoft Antispyware from Microsoft support site. Then scan your computer. Gets rid of spyware and worms.

Comment

my reasoning,well
                              it seems a graphical issue, and your running quite a old style computer
                              theres 20 odd reasons it could be but id start at the easiest to fix.
                              swap monitors if you can, it may be mucking up
                              2. a 4mb graphics card, well id say its pretty old, you could try to find updated drivers for it, or replace it to see if its the problem.
                              id put spyware as no. 20 on the list, unless its specially designed spyware that makes your monitor muck up every now and then.(joke)
                              survivor of beijing oeg transplant

Comment

Working...
                              X