Gmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail

Does anyone here have one of these Google email accounts? If I could be so bold as to ask you to invite me to join. I want to try that new GoogleTalk app for which you apparently need a gmail account, which are as far as I can tell still in beta phase and available by invitation only. Thanks.

I'd be happy to invite you to join, but it's not necessary anymore!! Just go to mail.google.com and click on "sign up" - it helps if you have a cell phone to receive a text message from them.
    Enjoy,
    Carl

Comment

If you need invitation send email to bor.melansek@gmail.com and I'll send it to you.

Bor
      Last edited by bor999; 30 Aug 2005, 7:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carl
        I'd be happy to invite you to join, but it's not necessary anymore!! Just go to mail.google.com and click on "sign up" - it helps if you have a cell phone to receive a text message from them.
        Enjoy,
        Carl
        Not available to me... maybe it's a country thing. Thanks anyway.

Comment

i have 100 invites

just send a email to philquad@gmail.com

say, gimme invite
          survivor of beijing oeg transplant

Comment

I also have plenty of invites, and if you request one, just send me an email and you will receive a Gmail account.

PsyTech@Gmail.com
            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
            --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
            ––Paul Nussbaum
            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

When you sign up for gmail at http://mail.google.com you will find that you can import a list of your contacts (email addresses) so that you can compose and send email. Well, they need it in CSV (comma-separated values) formatted file which the Apple OSX Address Book does not do. So, if you have all your email addresses in the Address Book, are you doomed to enter 1000 email addresses one-by-one manually? No.

By the way, while gmail provides a number of ways in which you can export contacts from yahoo and other programs, the steps are occasionally convoluted. Here is a good site of all the ways to import contacts from a whole variety of programs and sources to gmail http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/2735

By the way, the solution for the Apple Address Book is this little gem of a program http://homepage.mac.com/kenferry/sof...dressBookToCSV

Wise.

Comment

My G-mail: savipe@gmail.com
                Wheels for Independence

Comment

I got a GMail, got a Gmail, I feel so techy Thx all.
                  Lizbvk9@gmail.com

GMail me

Comment

Google Talk is in beta but it is free, and you will need a Google account.
                    Last edited by PN; 5 Sep 2005, 8:33 PM.
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

hi

Really liking gmail. Can gmail be set it up so that we can receive emails from other accounts to the gmail account?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizbv
                        hi

Really liking gmail. Can gmail be set it up so that we can receive emails from other accounts to the gmail account?
                        You need to tell your other accounts to forward mail to your gmail account. Wise.

Comment

Yes Thanks Wise! However, I see it still leaves a copy in the original email mailbox. Any way to eliminate that?

Comment

I'm not understanding the the whole gmail thing. It seems as if everyone is getting one now and I see them listed on a lot of the blogs. What is the difference or the benefit compared to a regular e-mail account?

Comment

Mikki, 2GB of storage. If you would like more information or a free gmail account let me know.
                              --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X