Great Computer Desk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Computer Desk

Computer desk accessibility is usually a compromise because of it's height. They make desks tall so that tall people have enough leg clearance. Short people use a height adjustable chair to position themselves comfortably. But wheelchairs are not height adjustable so we end up shrugging our shoulders on a desk that is too tall.

A keyboard tray is a compromise solution. Because even if the keyboard is at a good height, the table top is still too tall. You'll still be shrugging your shoulders to write.

What we need is a height adjustable desk with a keyboard tray that is wide enough to also serve as a writing surface. This workbench meets these needs. The bottom drawer may serve as a keyboard and mouse tray plus a writing surface. The top drawer may serve for storage. It is available is 46, 52, 62, and 72" long. Drawers are optional. The desk in the picture below is 52" long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	2920805

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	2920804

Attached Files

i got mine at office depot 2009 still using i roll under it no issues

Comment

I use a height adjustable desk from Ikea.

Comment

I am sure there are other desks that work for you. The problem for me with most of those is that even if they are lowered all the way down, the table top is typically several inches above lap level because of the thickness of the desk. This may not be a problem for you. But it is for me, especially with long hours at the desk. With this table, the only thing between my lap and the keyboard is 1/4" sheet metal. The keyboard is practically in my lap. To me that makes a huge difference because it keeps my shoulder relaxed in a neutral position, which greatly reduces shoulder fatigue.

Comment

Its a nice desk

We got ours at Costco for $140 and its electric and has a nice drawer plus has QI wireless charging mats built in and 4 usb ports

Name:	IMG_1462.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	560.1 KB
ID:	2921629

Comment

• August West
            August West commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice find!
        Working...
        X