Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you care about your right to privacy? Social media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you care about your right to privacy? Social media?

Hello everyone,

Not trying to sound paranoid but we live in scary times.
    Everyone is addicted to posting on social media and getting their dopamine hits from getting likes on their pictures/videos etc.
    How do I know this? Because I was doing the same exact thing, before reading an article and realizing how narcissistic I was.
    I have deleted all my social about seven or eight years ago and became a much happier person.

A lot of people buy google or alexa devices, post status updates on social media and are freely giving up their meta-data and privacy.
    Android and iPhone users have settings on their phone that need to be changed. Location services, Bluetooth, sharing analytics with Google or Apple.

Have you ever tried googling your own name and seeing what pops up? Try it right now. YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED WHAT COMES UP.
    Did you find anything? Anything interesting? Are you surprised what came up?

There is a way to minimize your digital footprint online. I know this because I just spent a long time removing myself from the Internet.
    Some might say that they don't care about privacy because they have nothing to hide, that's like saying you don't care about free speech because you've got nothing to say.

I am interested if any of you are privacy enthusiasts, or are interested in finding ways on how to remove yourself from the Internet.
    You can share your experience here or just drop me a note below if you are interested in getting some help with removing your digital footprint.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I could care less what the internet knows about me. Just last night classmates.com sent me an email. I thought yes I've been here before seen it all before and I really don't care. What it shows is quite a bit of my old Facebook pages, which I could care less about. I'm sure any of my old classmates that are nosy enough to pay $4 a month to look at it good for them.

Let me also tell you something about Amazon. Everytime I check out there they bug me about getting their own credit card.
    I filled out the application three times and was turned down three times. The reason why is because they know they'll never collect any interest on me.

As far as Googling my name the only thing that comes up is that I'm a registered voter. If you want more than that you could to the whitepages's. They have your age and where you live currently. And going back about 20 years where you use to live

And then the third thing here in Connecticut is we have ct.gov judicial. That's where I can weed out all the losers I have to hire as PCA's.

One more thing to be aware of is use firefox, google chrome's too nosey. I just find their ad placement and just tracking me everywhere it's too annoying.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Comment

Google didn't find me!
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

My name is exactly the same as a well known social worker who writes and speaks a lot about pet death grief therapy, so I get a lot of hits on her, and not so much on me if I Google my name. Most are from my publications. I am on FB, but not Instagram or Twitter. My main browser is Firefox.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X