Tablet options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablet options

Hi all. For personal computing, I am an Apple user (Imac, ipad, iphone). For work, I have a HP laptop. While I have no issues using it when stationed at a desk, some of my work responsibilities require me to access documents/websites in the field. As a C4/5 quad, it is not possible for me to use the work-issued laptop when in the field. While I can access the necessary documents/websites on my ipad, I prefer not to use my personal electronics for work purposes. So I'd like to request an accommodation from my employer to obtain a tablet that is easier for me to use in the field. I do not believe Apple products are an option, so can anyone offer other tablet suggestions that I could suggest to my employer?

Thanks!

Prior to my injury I used an Eve V hybrid Windows laptop / tablet, similar to a Microsoft Surface. Since my injury I've found it pretty useful because it's a full-fledged Windows computer but can operate pretty well in tablet mode. The only thing I don't like about it is that the screen sits really close to the keyboard, so when I'm trying to type with my knuckles I often end up hitting the screen and popping the cursor out of text boxes or moving it to a different part of a document. First world problem, for sure! I like the keyboard design Apple came up with with its new Magic Keyboard since it creates distance between the keyboard and the iPad, but it sounds like that isn't going to work for you. One thing to note, though, about these hybrid laptop / tablet computers is that they're a lot heavier than pure tablets like the ipad. If you have a good way to mount it that shouldn't be a problem, but if you're hoping to move it around a lot or use it in your lap it's worth trying in the store. In particular, kickstands don't work very well in the lap, I find.
    C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Thanks! I'd prefer something without a keyboard. Nothing that needs to be attached or set up.

Comment

Working...
      X