Tablet vs. phone for hands-free everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablet vs. phone for hands-free everything

I want to mount a device on my chair that I can operate fully by voice (natively or by loading Dragon Anywhere?) and use it for the following:
    = access the web from anywhere (I admit I am clueless about Wi-Fi versus things that just work anywhere)
    = load MS Word to access, create, edit, and save files using Onedrive or something similar (I am open to advice about back too),
    = play music etc. (as in “Alexa, play Miles Davis/NPR news/what’s the weather?”
    = Load and play audiobooks (I would love advice about services for accessing books/other media other than downloading audible).
    = Save numbers to make calls. Receiving calls also would be nice, with verbally changeable options for notification and answering. It would be great if it was a phone I understand, or maybe I could use Skype.

I have a Motorola Moto z that I use for calling, and an iPad mini that I never have used. Can I use either of these two to do all that I want? I could recruit others’ fingers for set up, but I need full voice operation. I think I heard advertised some phone capable of a lot of this.

Any ideas? I remember just now learning about some Google feature that maybe makes any smart phone voice-activated. I will look for more.

I would set up an appointment at your local Apple store and take a class on how to use your Apple mini

You have the hardware to do what you are wanting to do but you cant just have someone tell you this is how you do it

Use your technology to learn how to do what you'er wanting to do.

Have you looked at youtube and ask each question you asked here and start trying ideas

All smart phones are or can be voice activated with Motorola start asking google assistant to do your commands...play a podcast, play 104.3, turn off the light, turn on the AC, make a call, order dinner

check with your local library they all have digital check out meaning you can check out books, and download free

skip skype its old technology google is so much more advance

Comment

iOS has Siri and Voice Control. It works for me.

Comment

You can make calls on a phone
        T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

I don't know how new the iPad mini is but as long as the iOS is 13 or better you can use can use Voice Control. You will find Voice Control in Settings/Accessibility. You do not need Wifi or cellular service for Voice Control to work UNLESS you ask Voice Control to look up something on the web, make a phone call or anything else that would require cellular service or Wifi. Here is some info from Apple with more specifics:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210417

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
            iOS has Siri and Voice Control. It works for me.
            100% agree and works great!

Last edited by RollinPositive; 1 Jul 2021, 2:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rshadd View Post
              You can make calls on a phone
              You can make calls on an iPad too and even a computer...when I am in my office and a call comes in I can pick if I want it on my phone, iPad or iMac computer...

I can also make out going calls the same way or video chat calls

Comment

Working...
              X