Minecraft fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minecraft fun

Not sure if any of you play minecraft (or maybe your kids do?), but one of my other fun IT side-projects is a minecraft server. For April 1, my 15-year-old son and I built out a fun little world with a lot of unusual bits. (Oddity helped a bunch too! Built the whole castle for the evil witch). We called it our "April Fools" minecraft server.

If you play Minecraft on PC, using the Java client, you can get all the details at https://www.nickhope.world/aprilfools/. Sadly, they don't interoperate between PC and consoles (e.g., PS4, XBox). So only PC Java players can reach this.

I like tech so much I do it for fun, not just for a day job.

Some of these things make me feel old. Maybe because I am getting old. As I understand it the purpose is simply to survive by building things? My interest would be understanding the technical behind the game more than the game itself. I can see where this could be a great family project!
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Comment

Working...
    X