Samsung Galaxy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy ?

Can someone help me choose a mobile phone off ebay. I want this only to set up apps mostly usually alexa apps or next to set up a surveillance camera. So do I really no need a Galaxy 8. I wanna do this on the cheap is it possible I could get an older model for $50? Also I have no idea what locked and unlocked means. Just remember I have no intentions of using this for a phone just to set up apps that's all.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

I got an old phone from my daughter so I could use the Google Mini. Google Mini requires Android 5 or above. The phone I was given has Android 4.8 (max update) so it wouldn't work. To my point, make sure phone or tablet has the correct app (or at least is updatable) to be compatible. I think unlocked means it can be used with any phone service.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

In case your still looking, I've got an older tracfone (samsung galaxy j3) the android version is 6.0. 16G for storage

Comment

Originally posted by tvot View Post
        Can someone help me choose a mobile phone off ebay. I want this only to set up apps mostly usually alexa apps or next to set up a surveillance camera. So do I really no need a Galaxy 8. I wanna do this on the cheap is it possible I could get an older model for $50? Also I have no idea what locked and unlocked means. Just remember I have no intentions of using this for a phone just to set up apps that's all.
        maybe its me but it doesnt make sense what your trying to do?

You want to use apps but not use it to dial out or get calls?

So your going to connect it to wifi?

Unlocked and locked just means it can only be used if locked to the carrier its locked to. Unlocked means it can be used on multiple carriers

$50 is a bit low

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Gal...IAAOSwuHJbE8OT

Comment

I just went from the s7 to the s9plus. Transfer of everything was so easy and complete. I am not at all technical and my son was busy so the phone took me through the steps. Loved it.

Comment

Working...
          X