Gaming beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming beginner

My 16y/o nephew moved in with me and plays lots a games on xbox and playstation. I'm a c6 quad and would like to play with him. Having never gamed before what adaptive items should I purchase to get me started.

Microsoft makes the XBox Adaptive Controller. Never used one myself though, not sure if it's totally quad friendly. Logitech also makes their 'Adaptive Gaming Kit' to extend the functionality of that controller much farther, with big buttons connected via plugs and wires that you can place where they work best for you.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

If Can afford it you need to get a Quadstick which is a modified PS3 controller with sip and puff and joystick mouthpiece
      C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

Medicaid sometimes covers the quad stick and there are also many grants and scholarships for it
        Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
        Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

From this website: https://www.quadstick.com/faq

I CANNOT AFFORD TO BUY A QUADSTICK. HOW CAN I GET ONE?

Medicaid, the VA and private insurance have provided funding for Quadsticks. The process usually starts with talking to a prosthetics counselor to get a prescription.

There are charities that specialize in helping people with a wide range of disabilities play video games. They have a great deal of experience in finding the right equipment to match the needs of the video game player.

In the US:

Able Gamers

Warfighter Engaged

In the UK:

Special Effect.

General charities, such as Make a Wish and local MDA chapters have also provided systems.

Finally, GoFundMe has successfully been used to raise the funds to purchase a Quadstick for several people now using Quadsticks. If you start a GoFundMe campaign, be sure and post a link to it in the forum.
          Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
          Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

Working...
          X