Looking for good Smartwatch suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for good Smartwatch suggestions

Can anyone recommend a good smartwatch for a quad with no wrist extensors/flexors. I feel like this could be a great piece of adaptive equipment if working right. I just bought a Samsung galaxy active 2. The problem with this watch and most smartwatches that I have seen is the back button. There's a small button on the side of the watch that you have to hit in order to go back if you have an app open. Extremely difficult to hit with a knuckle like I need to.
    The other difficulty is voice functionality. Galaxy uses Bixby which I am not impressed with. If I want to text on the smartwatch, I need to use voice. Thinking of giving the Fossil GEN 5 a try. The side button is much bigger and it uses Google assistant. I'm thinking the voice functionality will be a little bit better.
    My 1st experience with Smartwatches. Does anyone else have suggestions for watches that will work with an android phone? I'd like to stick with an android cell phone so the Apple watch is out.
    Thanks

I don't know squat about smart watches, but this article seems to. They make it pretty clear the new Apple stuff is their favorite, with Galaxy a close second. But, at the end of the article they list some others they also tested that may be worth checking out as alternatives to those 2 brands, with a mini review of each.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/cnn-u...ainermobileweb
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by wchair View Post
      Can anyone recommend a good smartwatch for a quad with no wrist extensors/flexors. I feel like this could be a great piece of adaptive equipment if working right. I just bought a Samsung galaxy active 2. The problem with this watch and most smartwatches that I have seen is the back button. There's a small button on the side of the watch that you have to hit in order to go back if you have an app open. Extremely difficult to hit with a knuckle like I need to.
      The other difficulty is voice functionality. Galaxy uses Bixby which I am not impressed with. If I want to text on the smartwatch, I need to use voice. Thinking of giving the Fossil GEN 5 a try. The side button is much bigger and it uses Google assistant. I'm thinking the voice functionality will be a little bit better.
      My 1st experience with Smartwatches. Does anyone else have suggestions for watches that will work with an android phone? I'd like to stick with an android cell phone so the Apple watch is out.
      Thanks
      https://www.oppo.com/en/accessory-oppo-watch/

Comment

i seen this has just came out it looks abit like the apple watch but has a curved display and bigger buttons maybe its better for you, https://www.oppo.com/uk/accessory-oppo-watch/
        i just seen above post :P soz ill leave the link here anyway

Comment

Thanks guys. This does look like a really good potential option. I'm currently trying out a fossil gen 5. You can swipe to go back on this watch instead of having to hit a button every time. It uses the wear OS operating system. The button is used to open the screen that shows you all your apps and is much easier to hit. But also has an app that makes it so you don't have to hit any buttons. Battery life on the fossil is not great. It's also not as feature-rich as the Samsung galaxy watch. But, the user interface is very easy to use… At least for me. I'm not positive about this one… Still kind of testing it… I'll let you guys know if I give the oppo watch a try.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
          X