Windows 10 Bloatware Removal Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 Bloatware Removal Tool

I learned about this from Steven Tiberius Gibson (Gibson Research Corporation). When I have time I will find the transcripts and post them.

When setting up Windows 10, Microsoft not only installs the operating system alone, but also a whole range of additional apps – some useful, some less so. O&O AppBuster allows you to remove the unwanted apps easily and quickly. Or, if you accidentally uninstalled one of these apps, you can also retrieve them with one click.

Over a clear and concise interface, O&O AppBuster shows you which of these Microsoft-supplied apps with Windows 10 are installed on your computer and which you can install on request – even hidden apps are displayed here.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/ooappbuster
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Security Now!
    Transcripts of Episodes 791

Steve: Very cool. So a couple of bits of miscellany. I mentioned that I had finally found what I consider to be a useful bloatware remover for Windows 10. I actually knew about it before, and I had forgotten about it. And I was reminded of it by a tweet for something else this company does. And I thought, oh, yeah, I remember O&O. Anyway, they're O ampersand O, O&O. And the one I like is O&O AppBuster. If you just google "O&O AppBuster," you'll find it, from O&O Software. It's free. They have various commercial offerings. So I think this is sort of a bit of a loss leader for them. But of all the things I've tried, I like this one the best. It is comprehensive. If you enable the display of hidden things, which you probably should not, then you are able to really get yourself in trouble.
    But anyway, I just wanted to point our listeners at O&O AppBuster. It's a nice utility. You don't need to install it. It just runs. It's standalone. So you can just drop it on your desktop. If you make changes, it will create a little companion file outside of itself where it stores those changes. But that also allows you to move them around. Anyway, I like it a lot. And it's what I've been using, and I will continue to use when I want to decrapify a new installation of Windows 10 with all this ridiculous animated tiles and candy cane crap. I just, again, I can't believe what's been done to Windows.
    https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-781.htm
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X