internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

internet

question i disconnect internet at night. the last to morning i have come in its connected. i just saw a week ago some one named dennis on a hidden network. how is that i have my own house. i don/t download strange files. ideas please

How do you disconnect it? Turn off the router? Unplug the cable? If either of those, and it's back on, that's an issue. Someone would have to trespass in your home to get it back on.

If you disable it with software (like logging into your router to disable) or just on your device, then you might not have any security setup on your network.

Where did you see this Dennis and "hidden network? If it was in your list of potential networks to connect to, then it's probably just a neighbors network that's near by your device is detecting (not him actually on your network).

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

good morning thank youjust on my putor i click button to disconnect. it just started a little while ago. i just came in from riding and it was reconncected dennis was back on its where it shows internet conected but neighbor i don/t know how it it will reach but it just started i will have ssis unplug and restart router thank you again

Comment

Doesn't really sound like an issue. If you're seeing 'Dennis' in the list where you reconnect to your network, then that is just another nearby network. "Nearby" could be 100yds away.

Hopefully your router has an access password. When you pick your connection to reconnect do you see a little "padlock" icon next to it? Or do u know if you have a password for people to connect? If you do, then I'd be even more confident that this isn't something you need to worry about.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
          question i disconnect internet at night. the last to morning i have come in its connected. i just saw a week ago some one named dennis on a hidden network. how is that i have my own house. i don/t download strange files. ideas please
          Sounds like a bit of confusion I have never seen a disconnect button on a keyboard. Plus you cant turn on and off your internet. You can turn off your modem that will stop the signal and cut off wifi but the signal is still running to the home.

My guess is your seeing other networks in your area and someone has named there network Dennis. My guess also is you will see some type of lock icon meaning you need a password to access.

I would recommend a good on line class on home networking and computers to help you understand more and worry less.

https://www.skillshare.com/search?query=wifi

https://www.skillshare.com/classes/C...ch-layout-grid

Comment

thank you all it was a neaby network i just freaked as never saw yes my router has a password tks

Comment

if it's a wireless router, you need to hide your SSID so no one can know your network.
              C4 incomplete since 1985

Comment

Working...
              X